The Student Room Group

Insurance uni

Got an offer from the university of bristol today. I am going to firm bristol. For insurance i am considering two universities Royal Holloway and Brunel which one of the two (in your opinion) is the better choice?
Original post by Spirosk21
Got an offer from the university of bristol today. I am going to firm bristol. For insurance i am considering two universities Royal Holloway and Brunel which one of the two (in your opinion) is the better choice?

I would personally say that RH would be the better choice. It is decent uni and I think the only reason it doesn't rate higher for Law is that it is a relatively new course.
Original post by harrysbar
I would personally say that RH would be the better choice. It is decent uni and I think the only reason it doesn't rate higher for Law is that it is a relatively new course.

Yeah I think that rh is better than brunel but i am a bit concerned about the social life there
Yeah I think that rh is better than brunel but i am a bit concerned about the social life there

I think the social life should be fine on campus but agree that's it's not the liveliest of areas off campus - certainly not compared to places like Bristol! Maybe you could also post this in the RH and Brunel sub forums to get more replies from current students. I doubt it would be a first choice uni for many "party animals" but at the same time, there will be plenty of sociable and outgoing people there and there's lots of other things to take into account too. Have you looked into which uni has better contacts with law firms, for example?
I think the social life should be fine on campus but agree that's it's not the liveliest of areas off campus - certainly not compared to places like Bristol! Maybe you could also post this in the RH and Brunel sub forums to get more replies from current students. I doubt it would be a first choice uni for many "party animals" but at the same time, there will be plenty of sociable and outgoing people there and there's lots of other things to take into account too. Have you looked into which uni has better contacts with law firms, for example?

I think Royal Holloway has better contacts because its a University of London however I am not certain. Statistic wise on graduate employment prospects they are about the same. But overall there's something I don't like about brunel (although its an insurance uni) so I think I am gonna go with rhul
What are your other offers? Only those two?

I wouldn't even bother with an insurance in this case, when all 3 are gonna be in Clearing.
Original post by Notoriety
What are your other offers? Only those two?

I wouldn't even bother with an insurance in this case, when all 3 are gonna be in Clearing.

I got an offer from bristol, rhul, brunel and greenwich (this was just a safe choice did not even consider it for a second) I also applied to qmul but I got rejected. I am currently doing a foundation year (next week is exam week) and I have to choose for an insurance uni between rhul and brunel. My firm choice is bristol

But... What is clearing?
(edited 4 years ago)
I got an offer from bristol, rhul, brunel and greenwich (this was just a safe choice did not even consider it for a second) I also applied to qmul but I got rejected. I am currently doing a foundation year (next week is exam week) and I have to choose for an insurance uni between rhul and brunel. My firm choice is bristol

But... What is cleaning?

When you get the hoover and feather duster out.
When you get the hoover and feather duster out.

yes sorry I meant clearing ;-; excuse my typo
Clearing is the process by which unis that still have vacancies in the summer can advertise them and applicants who are not holding offers can apply. It mainly takes place in July and August (after students get their exam results) and you can find out more about it on the UCAS website.

I'd go with Royal Holloway - Brunel is a bit grim.
Original post by Muttley79
I'd go with Royal Holloway - Brunel is a bit grim.

Yeah but which one was an overall more respected LLB course?
Clearing is the process by which unis that still have vacancies in the summer can advertise them and applicants who are not holding offers can apply. It mainly takes place in July and August (after students get their exam results) and you can find out more about it on the UCAS website.

Thank youu for explaining!
Yeah but which one was an overall more respected LLB course?

RH better for law in my opinion - Brunel is mainly known for science-based degrees. Which one did you prefer though? I just find the whole Brunel campus pretty uninspiring.

Clearing explained here: https://www.ucas.com/events/2019-entry-clearing-opens-331906
Original post by Muttley79
RH better for law in my opinion - Brunel is mainly known for science-based degrees. Which one did you prefer though? I just find the whole Brunel campus pretty uninspiring.

Clearing explained here: https://www.ucas.com/events/2019-entry-clearing-opens-331906

Brunel in my opinion overall is pretty "meh" I find it quite unattractive. Royal holloway seems more "Homey" to me. But I care more about the academic part of the university if brunel is better at law I would choose it over rhul but since it looks like most people believe rhul is better and I find it more attractive I will probably go with rhul as my insurance option.
Thanks a lot!
Brunel in my opinion overall is pretty "meh" I find it quite unattractive. Royal holloway seems more "Homey" to me. But I care more about the academic part of the university if brunel is better at law I would choose it over rhul but since it looks like most people believe rhul is better and I find it more attractive I will probably go with rhul as my insurance option.
Thanks a lot!

RHUL seemed to attract a lot of Brunel-tier academics when they started up their course. It's slowly building and gaining some momentum. RHUL is probably the more academically rigorous, therefore.
RHUL seemed to attract a lot of Brunel-tier academics when they started up their course. It's slowly building and gaining some momentum. RHUL is probably the more academically rigorous, therefore.

Thank you for your help! Gonna make rhul my insurance uni. Still tho hope i get the grades for bristol
Hi! So I would definitely pick royal Holloway out of the two. With regards to the social life, because it is in a quieter area, it’s not going to the the most lively of uni’s. I think RH is best suited to quieter, introverted uni and I personally think the social life is most likely to be best in city based uni’s. However! There is still plenty to do at RH and if you did want to go out, London is like 30/40 minuets by train. They have a ball, (similar to a prom,) at the end of summer.
Also a side note- RH have recently gone up 5 places in the complete university guide rankings :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending