My current average is 64.4
I need the following grades to scrape a first:
Do you think i can do it?

is the 64.4 from second year if so it seems possible
Original post by 24yogall

What kind of course are you doing? Is it more a humanities/social sciences one, or STEM type?
nope from semester 1 of this year
Original post by claireestelle
is the 64.4 from second year if so it seems possible
social sciences...
Original post by gutenberg
What kind of course are you doing? Is it more a humanities/social sciences one, or STEM type?

HEy, this is defo doable if your willing to put as much work in as you can!! Just stay motivated and make sure you ask questions and attend everything as well!
Sophia :smile:
You'll need to absolutely kill yourself if you want to do it. If you've been averaging in the mid-60s so far, what do you plan to do differently in order to achieve the very high firsts you need, particularly the 80 and the 85? From my perspective in the humanities, achieving marks in the 80s is very difficult. I appreciate social sciences are different, and even between social sciences there are differences, but you really need to think not just about working harder, but also how you plan to work better in order to achieve these kinds of marks.
Good question, the module I want to get 85 in is quite creative. I’m hoping to get 80 on my diss(if possible) my supervisor said it’s quite good. What can I do better to get firsts, please help. The highest mark I’ve ever got was 75
Original post by gutenberg
You'll need to absolutely kill yourself if you want to do it. If you've been averaging in the mid-60s so far, what do you plan to do differently in order to achieve the very high firsts you need, particularly the 80 and the 85? From my perspective in the humanities, achieving marks in the 80s is very difficult. I appreciate social sciences are different, and even between social sciences there are differences, but you really need to think not just about working harder, but also how you plan to work better in order to achieve these kinds of marks.

Depends what you're studying!! Seems impossible if you're a humanities/social science student, definitly possible if you're doing a quanitative subject!

Also completly depends what university you attend and what department you're in!
Thank you
Original post by hallamstudents
HEy, this is defo doable if your willing to put as much work in as you can!! Just stay motivated and make sure you ask questions and attend everything as well!
Sophia :smile:
I’m a social science student
Original post by ChangeOurWorld
Depends what you're studying!! Seems impossible if you're a humanities/social science student, definitly possible if you're doing a quanitative subject!

Also completly depends what university you attend and what department you're in!
I think the main reasons why I stay in the 2:1s is because sometimes I’m not critical enough and don’t develop points further.
Oh wow! At my university, it would be basically impossible to score over 75 on an essay paper, even in more quant-like things like some aspects of political science! 80 is basically unheard of and doesn't exist in assessed work. Good luck to you

I really wish I could have your grades!
I’m a social science student
Reply 13
It's possible. I was hitting mid 80s throughout 3rd year on a phil degree, but I was already hitting 70s in second year, and I expect that is where the difference is. It is possible, but it will be a big ask to bump your grades up by (in some cases) 20% or so. The usual advice is have an argument, don't waffle, interrogate points fully, and if that means cutting down the number of things you address, then so be it. Quality over quantity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending