The Student Room Group

My mum is acting like a teenager why can't she act more age appropriate?

My mum is nearly 40 she had me very young.I wish she would act more age appropriate she listens to teenager music and even dresses like one (very short shorts, adidas trainers, jeans jacket and head phones) I dress more older than her and I am a teen I like to wear cardigans, shirts, dress pants.I love her I just find it incredibly bizarre how much younger she acts than me.

I never had a boyfriend or a girlfriend in my life unlike her she had one when she was like 10.We are like water and fire.I hate when she wears revealing clothing I don't like when men look at my mum as no men is good enough for my mum I also don't trust men because of past experiences.It is a bit embarrassing I wish should would act more her age.

Scroll to see replies

is she a single parent?
bizarre and embarrassing, which mums aren't?
Reply 3
sucks. hang in there, soldier.
Original post by Obolinda
bizarre and embarrassing, which mums aren't?

My mum is certainly both of those things x1000! :lol:
My mum is the same, but I've just learned to accept that we have our differences. You can't exactly change her.
Original post by Anonymous
My mum is nearly 40 she had me very young.I wish she would act more age appropriate she listens to teenager music and even dresses like one (very short shorts, adidas trainers, jeans jacket and head phones) I dress more older than her and I am a teen I like to wear cardigans, shirts, dress pants.I love her I just find it incredibly bizarre how much younger she acts than me.

I never had a boyfriend or a girlfriend in my life unlike her she had one when she was like 10.We are like water and fire.I hate when she wears revealing clothing I don't like when men look at my mum as no men is good enough for my mum I also don't trust men because of past experiences.It is a bit embarrassing I wish should would act more her age.

At what age did she have you?
Original post by MidgetFever
My mum is the same, but I've just learned to accept that we have our differences. You can't exactly change her.

I've accepted that too, but it hasn't worked the other way round. :colonhash:
Mums will always be mums...maybe if you talk to her she will reveal how scared she is of losing you and this is her way of keeping a connection between you two.
Communication is very important :smile:
Either way, it’s gonna be hard for her to change. Just accept her and live together peacefully with love
Reply 9
is she a single parent?

Yes
How is your mum embarrassing?
Original post by Unexpectedly
My mum is certainly both of those things x1000! :lol:
I doubt she is scared of losing me I am incredibly childlike and I am taking a gap year so she knows I will be around for another year minimum.I think she will be happy when I go to uni (if I get in).
Original post by watershower
Mums will always be mums...maybe if you talk to her she will reveal how scared she is of losing you and this is her way of keeping a connection between you two.
Communication is very important :smile:
Either way, it’s gonna be hard for her to change. Just accept her and live together peacefully with love
How is your mum embarrassing?

She'll only talk about my bad points to her friends, and hardly ever my good points. :grumble:
Trust me, mums either hide their love or show it too much. I’m guessing your mum falls into the former. Doesn’t mean she’s not scared of losing you.
I doubt she is scared of losing me I am incredibly childlike and I am taking a gap year so she knows I will be around for another year minimum.I think she will be happy when I go to uni (if I get in).
is she a single parent?

Yeah girl, she single? Asking for a friend...

srsly tho this doesn't sound worth getting messed up over. Most mums are a bit cringy in some sort of way. If she's not doing anything directly harmful then I wouldn't worry about it.
Original post by Unexpectedly
She'll only talk about my bad points to her friends, and hardly ever my good points. :grumble:

My mum does the opposite she makes me sound like the most amazing person ever and over exaggerates a bit too much.
Are you a girl?

When I was 16/17/18 one of the girls in my friend group's mum was like that. Sometimes would see her out clubbing. Good luck to her I say. Getting old is crap
She sounds like fun. It sounds like the problem is you're judging her too harshly for just being herself.

My parents don't act their age (late 40s, had me at 19) and I love it. I think it's why we get on so well.
Not gonna lie your mum sounds fun and cool
You should be lucky she seems like she isn't strict

Accept her how she is or have a conversation
Like someone else said communication is important
That's incredibly offensive!
Original post by user2809
sounds like a M I L F

Latest

Trending

Trending