The Student Room Group

Teachers doesnt care

I went to her because I got a U in my AS mock and I was like I done really bad and she was just like oh well in a sarcastic way like I don't care and never said anything else I wanted feedback from her but she didn't give a **** and now she's going to predict me bad for my a level

Scroll to see replies

Did you ask for advice or help on how to improve?
Well yeah you probably will get a bad prediction cause its based on your AS
Reply 2
Maybe try and convince her that you'd like to resit the exam. If she refuses then try and get the authority involved like your head of year or something.
Yeah . And it was all based on classification I revised everything else . Ugh want to drop out
Original post by AzureCeleste
Did you ask for advice or help on how to improve?
Well yeah you probably will get a bad prediction cause its based on your AS
I'll try but they're too strict on it
Original post by Milan*3
Maybe try and convince her that you'd like to resit the exam. If she refuses then try and get the authority involved like your head of year or something.
Original post by emilysandres
Yeah . And it was all based on classification I revised everything else . Ugh want to drop out

Did she have reason to believe you weren't going to do well or anything and as such wasn't surprised by your grade
Do you put in any effort? If you don't then it probably came across as your own fault for not trying
No she's a new teacher one of my teacher is gonna off on maternity and she is the teacher replacing her . My grades are not a reflection of me last time I got a C because my grandma and grandad died right before my exam and this time I covered most topics in detail but focused less on classification because we just started it in class and then the whole exam was on classification and biodiversity . Hate my teachers so much they actually don't care .
Did she have reason to believe you weren't going to do well or anything and as such wasn't surprised by your grade
Do you put in any effort? If you don't then it probably came across as your own fault for not trying
Want to drop out and start all over again at this point . They act like such a prestigious school and they're teachings okay but outside of lesson they don't give a **** about you . They actually don't care . Only in it for the money . My sisters school actually support her and she is able to go to them in her frees and sit with them here when I go to them they always dismiss me and make me feel dumb for asking question . They also get angry when you ask questions in class
No she's a new teacher one of my teacher is gonna off on maternity and she is the teacher replacing her . My grades are not a reflection of me last time I got a C because my grandma and grandad died right before my exam and this time I covered most topics in detail but focused less on classification because we just started it in class and then the whole exam was on classification and biodiversity . Hate my teachers so much they actually don't care .

She's new which probably explains why. Considering you had just covered classification and biodiversity it would have been expected for you to know and understand it but at least you were keeping on top of other work as well

Want to drop out and start all over again at this point . They act like such a prestigious school and they're teachings okay but outside of lesson they don't give a **** about you . They actually don't care . Only in it for the money . My sisters school actually support her and she is able to go to them in her frees and sit with them here when I go to them they always dismiss me and make me feel dumb for asking question . They also get angry when you ask questions in class

The school will want to get the best grades possible though. Ask to arrange a meeting with the teacher to help go over things you don't understand
No she's not new she used to teach another class and she took on our class as well . And they won't do meetings and stuff unless my parents ask but even them will get angry at me and we have mocks at the start of year 13 and they are going to use them if we don't want to use these mocks but I want to go into dentistry and I have an A in psychology and chemistry . I just hate it they've ruined my future well I have but they provide no support and don't care about mental health . When my grandparents passed away a week before exam I went to them and told them and they said u still have to sit them and didnt care and dismissed me 😭😭😭 fully want to just quit everything now
She's new which probably explains why. Considering you had just covered classification and biodiversity it would have been expected for you to know and understand it but at least you were keeping on top of other work as well

The school will want to get the best grades possible though. Ask to arrange a meeting with the teacher to help go over things you don't understand
Bump
Bump
Allow it I'm just useless and going to end up being on the pay role my whole life
No she's not new she used to teach another class and she took on our class as well . And they won't do meetings and stuff unless my parents ask but even them will get angry at me and we have mocks at the start of year 13 and they are going to use them if we don't want to use these mocks but I want to go into dentistry and I have an A in psychology and chemistry . I just hate it they've ruined my future well I have but they provide no support and don't care about mental health . When my grandparents passed away a week before exam I went to them and told them and they said u still have to sit them and didnt care and dismissed me 😭😭😭 fully want to just quit everything now

Point is more that she doesn't know you well
Anyway, get your parents to organise meetings then and kick up a fuss.
Yes of course you still (unfortunately) have to sit exams when that stuff happens (its **** admittedly) but it's life. At a-levels you could apply for extenuating circumstances in those situations.
Don't give up yet, spend your summer practicing and working on learning your biology
I know I can do better in the real thing as it's just the one topic I didn't revise . It's just I don't want to get bad predicted grades and take a gap year because I will waste it and not want to go back to uni . Just want to get my education over with
Point is more that she doesn't know you well
Anyway, get your parents to organise meetings then and kick up a fuss.
Yes of course you still (unfortunately) have to sit exams when that stuff happens (its **** admittedly) but it's life. At a-levels you could apply for extenuating circumstances in those situations.
Don't give up yet, spend your summer practicing and working on learning your biology
I know I can do better in the real thing as it's just the one topic I didn't revise . It's just I don't want to get bad predicted grades and take a gap year because I will waste it and not want to go back to uni . Just want to get my education over with

But you have another mock? Another chance to pass and get predicted higher- you can try again
A gap year isn't a waste though if you know you need to take it. It means you could already start planning what to do- work, travel, volunteering etc.
The other mock will be too late by the time we get our results back so cannot apply to dentistry and no im a girl I can't travel much on my own due to cultural reasons and I'd end up wasting it
But you have another mock? Another chance to pass and get predicted higher- you can try again
A gap year isn't a waste though if you know you need to take it. It means you could already start planning what to do- work, travel, volunteering etc.
I went to her because I got a U in my AS mock and I was like I done really bad and she was just like oh well in a sarcastic way like I don't care and never said anything else I wanted feedback from her but she didn't give a **** and now she's going to predict me bad for my a level

if your teacher is being uncooperative I would suggest taking it to the head of the department and if that teacher is the head of the department then you could speak to another teacher or take it up to the head of sixth form or the head teacher
The other mock will be too late by the time we get our results back so cannot apply to dentistry and no im a girl I can't travel much on my own due to cultural reasons and I'd end up wasting it

Then you could work and save up or volunteer locally. It's not a waste at all- it can be incredibly beneficial. Don't look at it negatively
When are you actually sitting this mock?
After October 15th or before?
If before then see if your teacher can mark it first and then submit your predicted grades for ucas

Now this feeling. Have had these type of teachers in my past too who just didn't care about feedback. Some teachers really did it and was grateful for that, because it is important for myself what mistakes I did to improve next time. Teachers should have an interest in to make students better and to help them to achieve this goal, all the more they request for it. Otherwise people should not become teachers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending