The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Computer science Swansea start date???

So I'm looking at doing computer science starting in 2020, but on the website for the Bsc Computer Science, it says start date september 2018? Have they not got courses for next year in computer science?
Reply 1
Original post by truetomygoals
So I'm looking at doing computer science starting in 2020, but on the website for the Bsc Computer Science, it says start date september 2018? Have they not got courses for next year in computer science?

It's an error. Freshers generally start on the week commencing the 20th September, and all courses begin on the first week of October. If you have already applied and been offered a place, they'll email you a calendar during August to let you know what's going on/
(edited 4 years ago)
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
ah okay thanks.
Original post by kkboyk
It's an error. Freshers generally start on the week commencing the 20th September, and all courses begin on the first week of October. If you have already applied and been offered a place, they'll email you a calendar during August to let you know what's going on/

Hi there!

This is indeed an error, and I can confirm that the course will be running in 2019 and 2020. We've just built brand new facilities for the course so we'd hate to waste them! I'll pass on your observation to the department so that they can update the site, so thank you for that.

Jamie
Oh great! Thank you. May I ask what the new facilities there are?
Original post by Swansea University Enquiries
Hi there!

This is indeed an error, and I can confirm that the course will be running in 2019 and 2020. We've just built brand new facilities for the course so we'd hate to waste them! I'll pass on your observation to the department so that they can update the site, so thank you for that.

Jamie
Oh great! Thank you. May I ask what the new facilities there are?

That would be our state-of-the-art Computational Foundry. It's definitely worth a look!

Jamie
Thanks for replying. I've watched the video and I'm a little unsure of what this actually means for someone looking to study computer science at Swansea- is this where I would study? Sorry if I've missed some information.
That would be our state-of-the-art Computational Foundry. It's definitely worth a look!

Jamie
There's a little bit more information about the facility here.

Essentially, yes - it would be where much of your lectures, seminars etc. would be held. This means that you'd also be working in an environment surrounded by research and industry, so that you can be confident that the facilities, materials and teaching are up-to-date in such a quickly moving field as computer science.

Jamie
Thank you very much! That does sound really good. Sorry to bother you with lots of questions, but do you know if the entry requirements are still BBB for 2019/2020 start? As I achieved BBB in my A levels.
There's a little bit more information about the facility here.

Essentially, yes - it would be where much of your lectures, seminars etc. would be held. This means that you'd also be working in an environment surrounded by research and industry, so that you can be confident that the facilities, materials and teaching are up-to-date in such a quickly moving field as computer science.

Jamie
Thank you very much! That does sound really good. Sorry to bother you with lots of questions, but do you know if the entry requirements are still BBB for 2019/2020 start? As I achieved BBB in my A levels.

Yes they are... but with some caveats! See here for our full entry requirement description. Let me know if you need clarification on any point within and I'd be happy to explain in further detail.

I hope this helps!

Jamie
(edited 4 years ago)
Thank you. My A levels were maths, biology and physics so I believe I meet those requirements!
Yes they are... but with some caveats! See here for our full entry requirement description. Let me know if you need clarification on any point within and I'd be happy to explain in further detail.

I hope this helps!

Jamie
Thank you. My A levels were maths, biology and physics so I believe I meet those requirements!

Excellent! I've just posted a response in another of your threads, but feel free in either thread to get back in touch if there's anything further you'd like to ask :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest