The Student Room Group

fed up of people discriminating me for my appearence.

I'm sorry, I'm not skinny or good looking, but why do people constantly look at me the way they do. People tell me I'm talented and intelligent, with a kind personality, but I feel my appearance lets me down because I'm not blonde or skinny. I'm trying to lose weight, I tend to only eat one meal a day, I eat healthy enough. I very rarely eat takeaway. I'm still the way I am. I want to be skinny and pretty but I know I cant be. Why can't I just be me?
Reply 1
Thanks, well that helps the advice there is put up with the bullying or not eat anything then.
Only one meal a day? That doesn't sound like a healthy way to eat tbh.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm sorry, I'm not skinny or good looking, but why do people constantly look at me the way they do. People tell me I'm talented and intelligent, with a kind personality, but I feel my appearance lets me down because I'm not blonde or skinny. I'm trying to lose weight, I tend to only eat one meal a day, I eat healthy enough. I very rarely eat takeaway. I'm still the way I am. I want to be skinny and pretty but I know I cant be. Why can't I just be me?

What’s your bmi? Check it out Maybe you aren’t overweight as you think you are. Check it out here: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-weight/bmi-calculator/
being yourself is one of the most attractive traits you can have and you should be persistent with it

I would however stick to eating three meals a day with vegetables/fruit to go with every meal and drink plenty of water throughout the day, with some form of exercise every week to lose weight, for example you could jog with a friend

I would also add that you don't need to be blonde to be pretty, in fact lots of men actually prefer girls with brown or red hair. but if you've got a great personality and are intelligent, that's really attractive in itself
I mean, you don't have to not eat to lose weight. Similarly, eating one meal a day won't help you lose weight either. Three healthy meals a day works way better, or if possible, 6 smaller meals. Further that with a bit of cardio and then hitting the weights for an hour will help way more than what you're currently doing.
Reply 6
I come on here to try to get advice. Not face more people having a go at me
I'm not blonde either.
I drink lots of water, eat two meals a day and am the same weight as I was when I was 13.
I'm 5'1, wear lots of makeup and try to avoid horrible people.

There is a lot you can do to improve your appearance and lifestyle.
Be active, take up jogging or swimming.
Join a gym or go to martial arts classes.
Above all have a positive mentality, find hobbies you enjoy and don't act like an incel lunatic yelling about being persecuted by all of mankind based on "lookism".
really not trying to be rude but i died at “i’m not blonde” hello?????
3A14FDC6-0172-489E-B77D-69BEC7DE46A7.jpeg
Reply 9
You shouldn't base your self worth and self confidence on other people's perceptions (especially if you're just assuming what they're thinking about you). Never give someone else that kind of power.

Also, don't starve yourself, eating disorders won't make you pretty or whatever you're thinking.

Quick Reply

Latest