The Student Room Group

Early GCSE results?

Hi there

I have just sat my A-levels this June as well as the GCSE English Language exam as I needed an exam to prove my English abilities (I have only moved to England before A-levels) and I am waiting until August to get all my results.

My issue is that GCSE results are a week after A-level results and in order to get accepted into Uni I will have to wait another week to get the GCSE grade. Provided that I did really well with my A-levels as well as with my GCSE, waiting another week is not a problem. However, if I find that I did not get my A-level grades for uni and I have to go through clearing, I will basically lose the first week of clearing (aka lose the good spots as it is on a first come - first served basis) only because all unis would require my GCSE grade in order to prove my English.

Is there any way in which I could receive my GCSE grade earlier? I am literally the only one in my sixth form that has sat this exam and it is also the same exam board (AQA) as two of my A-level exams.

I know clearing is open until October but at the same time I know the 'good' unis will be filled first and I feel like I will not have the same chances as someone that does not have to wait for another week.

Any ideas on what I could do??

Thank you!!
You can still start the clearing process on results day if you have to, but final acceptance might be dependent on your GCSE result.
Reply 2
I see thank you, but is there any way in which I could request AQA to send me the GCSE results on week earlier, say at the same time with my other AQA results?
Original post by ageshallnot
You can still start the clearing process on results day if you have to, but final acceptance might be dependent on your GCSE result.
Original post by pizzamalia
I see thank you, but is there any way in which I could request AQA to send me the GCSE results on week earlier, say at the same time with my other AQA results?

Unfortunately not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending