The Student Room Group

My mother is so sexist. She hates me (her son) and loves her daughter.

My sister and I had a fight and my sister slapped me. I slapped her back but she started to cry and went to my mum.

My mum got mad at me and shouted at me. I told her that she slapped me first but she said you cant slap her back, she pointed at my sisters face and said look what you have done. My sister face was red and had my fingers marked but still she also slapped me first, so...….

My sister kept looking at her face on mirrors for hours, seriously? she also kept saying ''my ear hurts''. I really didn't slap her that HARD. My mother kept telling me to never hit my sister, especially on her face.

We are twins, 14.

Why is my mother so sexist?
solution: claim you're transgender (JK)

but yes it was unfair

tell your sis not to mess with you. take your stand bro.

maybe talk to your dad about it...
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by TheTroll73
solution: claim you're transgender (JK)

but yes it was unfair

tell your sis not to mess with you. take your stand bro.

maybe talk to your dad about it...

Nice idea lol :colone:

I told her already (multiple times) but she is spoiled and always has both my mother and father on her side.
The idea that you can't hit a girl isn't exclusive to your mother. Most people agree with it. She should have scolded your sister too though - she probably would have if she weren't already so upset.
Being a sister is irrelevant, assaulting anyone is wrong (There are exceptions out of personal opinion though)
Ah it must've been really funny when you slapped her back, I'm imagining the scenario in my head ffs idk why it sounds so hilarious :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
your sister should not have slapped you.

But if your sister had a red face and finger marks on her face you must have hit her pretty hard. I mean how did you even mange to get finger marls on her face?

Did you have any marks on your face from where she slapped you ?

Your mother is right it is a bad idea to hit anyone (male or female) besides a few particular circumstances- of which this was not one.

If you had not hit her you cold have complained and she outs have been the one in trouble

I don't think your mother is being sexist -she only has the evidence in front of her to go on.
Original post by Anonymous
My sister and I had a fight and my sister slapped me. I slapped her back but she started to cry and went to my mum.

My mum got mad at me and shouted at me. I told her that she slapped me first but she said you cant slap her back, she pointed at my sisters face and said look what you have done. My sister face was red and had my fingers marked but still she also slapped me first, so...….

My sister kept looking at her face on mirrors for hours, seriously? she also kept saying ''my ear hurts''. I really didn't slap her that HARD. My mother kept telling me to never hit my sister, especially on her face.

We are twins, 14.

We are twins, 14.

Your mother isn’t sexist. Sure your sister should have been punished but you obviously hit her a lot harder than she hit you if she had a mark on her face and her ears were ringing. Yes ur sister should be punished but your whole ‘she started it’ act is childish as hell.
Reply 8
Your mother isn’t sexist. Sure your sister should have been punished but you obviously hit her a lot harder than she hit you if she had a mark on her face and her ears were ringing. Yes ur sister should be punished but your whole ‘she started it’ act is childish as hell.

I didn't even try to hit her hard. I was shocked when I saw her face.
Reply 9
your sister should not have slapped you.

But if your sister had a red face and finger marks on her face you must have hit her pretty hard. I mean how did you even mange to get finger marls on her face?

Did you have any marks on your face from where she slapped you ?

Your mother is right it is a bad idea to hit anyone (male or female) besides a few particular circumstances- of which this was not one.

If you had not hit her you cold have complained and she outs have been the one in trouble

I don't think your mother is being sexist -she only has the evidence in front of her to go on.

Idk how my finger marks ended up on her face, I never meant to hit her that hard.

She on the other hand hit me pretty hard though but there is was no marks on my face. I thinks its because our strength are different. Her slap is always weak, even when you can see she wants to hurt you/ me.
how strange, usually my family thinks the son is the king and the daughter is just there
Lol
she's right boys shouldn't hit girls. she's probably worried you'll grow up to become a wife beater
slap the *****
Boys shouldn't hit girls. But you know what? Girls shouldn't hit boys either. I can't stand sexism like this. I know some girls who are seriously horrible to their boyfriends, but if they gave as good as they got they'd be accused of being abusive.

Apologise to your sister as you obviously hit her harder than intended, but also let her know that it isn't acceptable that she hit you either, and that you won't tolerate that kind of behaviour in the future. Also say this to your mother, too.

I don't agree with "they hit me so I can hit them", as two wrongs don't make a right, however it is absolutely not acceptable that you can hit someone after they hit you first (however ill-advised that action might have been) and you're the one who's treated like the bad guy.
Your mum should have disciplined both of you but you shouldn't have slapped your sister back

Be the bigger person and refrain from physical violence next time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending