The Student Room Group

Triple science

im doing business,geography and french. I want to be a doctor and i want to do triple science but i dont know what subject to switch it with.

If you have ideas please share it.

Scroll to see replies

What do you mean by triple science, are you a GCSE student?
Original post by Examsareoversoon
What do you mean by triple science, are you a GCSE student?

no im just going to pick my options and i need your help
I would say business studies. French is a language which universities tend to value, geography is a humanity and it is recommended to study at least one humanity at GCSE level
But, having just completed GCSE Business Studies myself, I can tell you that it's a very easygoing subject which I thoroughly enjoyed studying!

I wish you all the best 😁
For medicine, it doesn't matter if you do triple science or not. Switch it with which ever subject you are less sure about. The number of A*s/8s you get at GCSE are far more important than what subjects you actually take. Which one do you enjoy the least?
If it's btec business, don't take it. Universities for medicine much prefer GCSEs. At least 7 GCSEs are required for most medical schools.
For medicine, it doesn't matter if you do triple science or not. Switch it with which ever subject you are less sure about. The number of A*s/8s you get at GCSE are far more important than what subjects you actually take. Which one do you enjoy the least?

I agree that this is true but I have friends who did combined science and have to spend summer catching up on the extra triple content before A Levels start
its Business studies

If it's btec business, don't take it. Universities for medicine much prefer GCSEs. At least 7 GCSEs are required for most medical schools.
Yes, same. The transition to A level is easier if you do triple science.
Original post by chibibotto
I agree that this is true but I have friends who did combined science and have to spend summer catching up on the extra triple content before A Levels start
Yes but GCSE Business Studies or BTEC Business Studies?
Original post by yusuf865
its Business studies
So you think i should switch it with Business

Original post by chibibotto
I would say business studies. French is a language which universities tend to value, geography is a humanity and it is recommended to study at least one humanity at GCSE level
But, having just completed GCSE Business Studies myself, I can tell you that it's a very easygoing subject which I thoroughly enjoyed studying!

I wish you all the best 😁
So you think i should switch it with Business

As long as you are taking the core subjects (maths, English, science), it doesn't matter. Pick the subjects you think are more interesting and will get better grades in.
I like all of them thats why i chose it
Reply 13
If you're looking to get an easy A/A* then I'd keep Business, as in my experience it's a pretty easy subject.
Maybe do some research on the topics in the GCSEs so you can decide a bit more what you find is more interesting
I like all of them thats why i chose it
GCSE Business studies

Yes but GCSE Business Studies or BTEC Business Studies?
im doing business,geography and french. I want to be a doctor and i want to do triple science but i dont know what subject to switch it with.

If you have ideas please share it.

At GCSE level, your grades are more important than the subjects you do. Swap it with the subject you think you would like the least.

Triple science isn't essential for becoming a doctor, btw.
Thanks for your advice everyone!
Any more suggestions if not i might consider switching it with business or i might not do triple science because it might be hard
Yes triple science may be more difficult than business studies. However, if you want to be a doctor you need to be looking at getting at least 7s in science. Not meaning to be rude, but medicine is difficult so if the idea of triple science being difficult is putting you off, you are probably not cut out for medicine. In order to apply for medicine, you generally need to study A level Chemistry and/or A level Biology and achieve A grades.
Any more suggestions if not i might consider switching it with business or i might not do triple science because it might be hard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending