The Student Room Group

Gonna be in year 11 soon aghhhh

helloooo,, if anyone needs help for the beginning of year 11, this is the one xxx

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yoursunshinexx
helloooo,, if anyone needs help for the beginning of year 11, this is the one xxx

hi i am going to be in year 11 in september
are mocks important and is doing the real gcses a stressfull time?
Original post by husfngyaug

Mocks are important if you want to go to a good sixth form/college as they'll often offer you a place (or not) based on those results. GCSEs can be pretty stressful, but study hard and you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by kazzykat95
Mocks are important if you want to go to a good sixth form/college as they'll often offer you a place (or not) based on those results. GCSEs can be pretty stressful, but study hard and you'll be fine :smile:

thank you

i got 4-7 in my mocks
4-maths
7-graphics
5-5 science
7 spanish
4-geography

what do you think about my results
please say exactly what you think
thank you

i got 4-7 in my mocks
4-maths
7-graphics
5-5 science
7 spanish
4-geography

what do you think about my results
please say exactly what you think

I'd say to work on maths in particular as it's quite a low grade - though it is still equivalent to a C which is good. Your grades in Spanish and graphics are very good :smile:
Original post by kazzykat95
I'd say to work on maths in particular as it's quite a low grade - though it is still equivalent to a C which is good. Your grades in Spanish and graphics are very good :smile:

thanks for your opinion
in the future i want to be a graphics designer

what are you studying now?
do you prefer college of sixth form?
mocks- revise dont be the person who says 'im not going to revise to i can see what ill revise when i get my results' this just shows ur lazy and when it comes to the actual gcse who won't revise cos you've never got into the habit
the gcse can be stressful, i did them this year, before phyics paper 2 i was panicking so f*cking hard (physics has always been my best subject targeted a 9) and that made me so stressed but in the end i found the exam pretty good and straight forward
yes gcse can be stressful but if youu work you'll be fine, bio a subject i was terrible at was what i thought going to be stressful in march came out to be really good for me cos i worked so all you need to do is work
pay attention in class! physics i went from 4s in year 10 to 8s in year 11 (sounds exaggerated but im not joking)

Just wait till u get to sixth form...i found gcses not stressful at all but next year is on a whole other level...
Original post by OllyDaws
mocks- revise dont be the person who says 'im not going to revise to i can see what ill revise when i get my results' this just shows ur lazy and when it comes to the actual gcse who won't revise cos you've never got into the habit
the gcse can be stressful, i did them this year, before phyics paper 2 i was panicking so f*cking hard (physics has always been my best subject targeted a 9) and that made me so stressed but in the end i found the exam pretty good and straight forward
yes gcse can be stressful but if youu work you'll be fine, bio a subject i was terrible at was what i thought going to be stressful in march came out to be really good for me cos i worked so all you need to do is work
pay attention in class! physics i went from 4s in year 10 to 8s in year 11 (sounds exaggerated but im not joking)

wow
now i feel totally lost for hope
but this is kind of inspirational
thanks
what do you want to be in the future?
wow
now i feel totally lost for hope
but this is kind of inspirational
thanks
what do you want to be in the future?

im planning to be either a design engineer or mechanical (following my cousins here)
but im happy to help so if you have any questions feel free to ask : ) im also very bored rn

How are u revising for your a levels?
im planning to be either a design engineer or mechanical (following my cousins here)
but im happy to help so if you have any questions feel free to ask : ) im also very bored rn

oh great that you are bored so am i
are A levels are big step up from gcses?
Original post by Zahra166
How are u revising for your a levels?

If your asking me about before the start o year 12 this is it i guess

hvaent done much ill be honest, maths side i dont really need to that much because i did additional maths so ive got a head start on that stuff
physics i was told just learn si stuff (kilo etc) and the EM spectrum
3d design which im taking ive actually done alot of work around cad
oh great that you are bored so am i
are A levels are big step up from gcses?

havent started ;-;
If your asking me about before the start o year 12 this is it i guess

hvaent done much ill be honest, maths side i dont really need to that much because i did additional maths so ive got a head start on that stuff
physics i was told just learn si stuff (kilo etc) and the EM spectrum
3d design which im taking ive actually done alot of work around cad

ok
Anyone revising in the summer holidays or is it just me?? :tongue:
hi i am going to be in year 11 in september

ughh same can't wait lool :s-smilie:
Original post by yoursunshinexx
Anyone revising in the summer holidays or is it just me?? :tongue:

Don't burn out. You should be having more relaxation time in the holidays than revision.
lol, i'm just worried about workload.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending