The Student Room Group

Adult nursing

What is telephone interview in adult nursing all about from LJMU.
Original post by Francophone
What is telephone interview in adult nursing all about from LJMU.

Hi @Francophone :hello:

I've just spoken to the Health Admissions team to get some advice for you!

Your telephone interview will be just like a normal interview for a job etc (but over the phone.. obviously). :call2: You just need to show them why you'd like to be a student nurse and what skills you have that will let you do that! Think about the key skills a nurse would need, then think about how the experience you have shows those skills/shows you have the potential to learn those skills. :smile: There might be some good information in the video below.

[video="youtube;NnJWKixHd4Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnJWKixHd4Y[/video]

The interview will be with an academic on the course, aka a lecturer/teacher. FYI, every member of the Health team I've met has been really lovely and they'll genuinely be rooting for you to do well. So my top tips would be:

-have your experience organised and lined out in front of you :work:

-listen :listen: and

-answer the questions as best you can! :thumbsup:

Also ask any questions you'd like answers to as well. Remember, this is an opportunity for you to get to know them as well as them getting to know you!

Sorry the reply's so long but I wanted to give you as much detail as I could.

Best of luck! Let me know how it goes if you like. :crossedf:

Zoe :smartass:
Recent Sports Science Graduate
Reply 2
Original post by Liverpool John Moores
Hi @Francophone :hello:

I've just spoken to the Health Admissions team to get some advice for you!

Your telephone interview will be just like a normal interview for a job etc (but over the phone.. obviously). :call2: You just need to show them why you'd like to be a student nurse and what skills you have that will let you do that! Think about the key skills a nurse would need, then think about how the experience you have shows those skills/shows you have the potential to learn those skills. :smile: There might be some good information in the video below.

[video="youtube;NnJWKixHd4Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnJWKixHd4Y[/video]

The interview will be with an academic on the course, aka a lecturer/teacher. FYI, every member of the Health team I've met has been really lovely and they'll genuinely be rooting for you to do well. So my top tips would be:

-have your experience organised and lined out in front of you :work:

-listen :listen: and

-answer the questions as best you can! :thumbsup:

Also ask any questions you'd like answers to as well. Remember, this is an opportunity for you to get to know them as well as them getting to know you!

Sorry the reply's so long but I wanted to give you as much detail as I could.

Best of luck! Let me know how it goes if you like. :crossedf:

Recent Sports Science Graduate

Thanks so much for the great information and support.
The interview went so well and was offered a place.
Thanks so much for the great information and support.
The interview went so well and was offered a place.

Yaaaaaaay congratulations!! :yay:Are you planning to accept it?
Sorry if my details didn't get to you in time! Best of luck with your studies though. :goodluck:

Reply 4
Yaaaaaaay congratulations!! :yay:Are you planning to accept it?
Sorry if my details didn't get to you in time! Best of luck with your studies though. :goodluck:

Zoe, yes of course. Thanks
Zoe, yes of course. Thanks

Awesome! Enjoy the course!! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Awesome! Enjoy the course!! :biggrin:

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending