The Student Room Group

Guys, would you mind if a girl had a pink sofa?

Hi everyone,

I just ordered a pink sofa for my living room. It's a soft velvet chesterfield in a rose pink colour. I've also got a few other decor items in pink, but they are more of a powder/blush shade. The rest of the room is grey and cream.

Would it bother your if a lady had quite a feminine (but tasteful, hopefully!) home and would this ultimately stop you moving in with her? Would you perhaps feel emasculated in such a space? I'm hoping it would actually be quite romantic and sensual :wink:

Thank you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone,

I just ordered a pink sofa for my living room. It's a soft velvet chesterfield in a rose pink colour. I've also got a few other decor items in pink, but they are more of a powder/blush shade. The rest of the room is grey and cream.

Would it bother your if a lady had quite a feminine (but tasteful, hopefully!) home and would this ultimately stop you moving in with her? Would you perhaps feel emasculated in such a space? I'm hoping it would actually be quite romantic and sensual :wink:

Wouldn’t love it but I wouldn’t really care. I can’t remember by dad got any choice what was bought for the house anyway 😂 I don’t think it could be a deal breaker for anyone ales it was all over the place and looked awful (which you say it doesn’t)
Reply 2
To be honest, it would be a set back. I wouldn't fancy moving into a feminine home, because I'm not feminine (obviously...) I could imagine an all/mostly pink space to be rather repulsive. If they were open to adjustments then it would be fine, but if set in their repulsive pink ways (assuming it did look bad) then it'd be a no.
Hi everyone,

The subjective nature of your question would suggest that it isn’t the correct question. Instead, I would challenge you:

Are you comfortable changing and adapting your home based on a conflict of interests with your significant other? Would you be willing to get rid of certain furniture because they don’t like the style?
Why did I read pink sofa as some sort of euphemism.

Damn my sleep deprived brain. :lol:
My girl, my house.
Hi everyone,

it's just a ****ing colour no one will see it that way, he will probably see it as decorate or something like that
Reply 7
It wouldn't make me too keen to move in, ngl
Original post by MidgetFever
Why did I read pink sofa as some sort of euphemism.

Damn my sleep deprived brain. :lol:

Don't put it on sleep, our minds is just ****ed up
Hi everyone,

The colour pink makes me want to vomit. Don't think it has anything to do with being a bloke, I just can't stand it. Home decor should consist of whites, blacks and browns, anything else is OTT But as long as I had a refuge to escape from the pink, I'd manage
Original post by The Mogg
To be honest, it would be a set back. I wouldn't fancy moving into a feminine home, because I'm not feminine (obviously...) I could imagine an all/mostly pink space to be rather repulsive. If they were open to adjustments then it would be fine, but if set in their repulsive pink ways (assuming it did look bad) then it'd be a no.

Repulsive... Yikes! Looks like I'm going to be single forever then.

By the way, this is a picture of a sofa and room which looks very similar to mine:

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/assets.loaf.com/images/original/173429-so-you-young-bean-chesterfield-vintage-luxury-deep-british-sofa.jpg

I also have cream walls and grey cushions... Maybe I should have gone for grey sofa with pink cushions which I could later throw away!

The thing is I'm single at the moment and I've worked very hard in my career in order to afford to put down a deposit on a nice home with no help whatsoever. I would have loved to be in the position to have bought with someone and be decorating and furnishing together but unfortunately I've yet to meet that special someone. In the meantime maybe I'm being a little selfish buying what I want haha but I don't think a guy would have a bad deal moving in with me considering how many 10s of thousands of cash and years of hard work I've put into it :tongue:
Original post by ANM775
It wouldn't make me too keen to move in, ngl

Too late for me to take it back it's on the way, the sofa stays! I think I should forget about ever finding love now, I would just give up and buy a cat but I don't even like them :tongue:
Original post by T-seriesTSR
My girl, my house.

Haha I think it's my house at the moment as I paid the deposit and now I pay the mortgage and bills!
If your guy didn't want to move in with you just because it's too 'feminine', he probably doesn't care enough about you and might even be a bit insecure about being perceived as 'not manly'. Don't change yourself for any man!
Original post by PhilanderingBum
The colour pink makes me want to vomit. Don't think it has anything to do with being a bloke, I just can't stand it. Home decor should consist of whites, blacks and browns, anything else is OTT But as long as I had a refuge to escape from the pink, I'd manage

yh neutral tones
Hi everyone,

Wouldn’t mind at all. I’d just be grateful she was ****ing me
Your house, your decisions. It shouldn't bother a man you're dating. But if you expected him to move in with you then you would need to be open to redecorating to make it into a space you can both call home.
As long as it was kept clean and was comfortable to sit on, I'd be fine. Just as long as if you like to be naked in the house in warm weather you sit on a towel on the sofa.
i would marry her right there and then
it would put me off tbf
cant be seeing pink everywhere I look, I aint about tht life

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending