The Student Room Group

Transferring university

At my current university I have used sf for my foundation year, first year and about to use it for my second year. If at the end of my second year I decide to transfer directly into the third year of a different universities integrated masters course would I be eligible for sf for the 2 years I spend at the new university?
Original post by K622338
At my current university I have used sf for my foundation year, first year and about to use it for my second year. If at the end of my second year I decide to transfer directly into the third year of a different universities integrated masters course would I be eligible for sf for the 2 years I spend at the new university?

Hello,

All students have an extra year for transfer or repeat purposes as follows:

New Course Length (years) + Additional Year (awarded for possible repeats or transfers) Previous Study Years (including partial years) = Remaining Entitlement.

Assuming the course you're joining is 4 years in length including the masters (but it doesn't have an integrated foundation year):

4 + 1 3 = 2 years remaining entitlement.

The remaining entitlement only refers to tuition fees. You can still get Maintenance Loan, Supplementary Grants (if applicable) and Disabled Student Allowance (if applicable) regardless for all years.

Warm Regards, Dean.
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Dean
Hello,

All students have an extra year for transfer or repeat purposes as follows:

New Course Length (years) + Additional Year (awarded for possible repeats or transfers) Previous Study Years (including partial years) = Remaining Entitlement.

Assuming the course you're joining is 4 years in length including the masters (but it doesn't have an integrated foundation year):

4 + 1 3 = 2 years remaining entitlement.

The remaining entitlement only refers to tuition fees. You can still get Maintenance Loan, Supplementary Grants (if applicable) and Disabled Student Allowance (if applicable) regardless for all years.

Warm Regards, Dean.

That’s actually a massive help thank you very much for the answer . I’ve decided that after I complete this year I’m actually going to go on an industrial placement year and then complete my transfer after the placement. That means I will only have one more years of tuition loans available , so I will use the money I’ve received from my placements to pay for a year out of my own pocket .
Original post by K622338
That’s actually a massive help thank you very much for the answer . I’ve decided that after I complete this year I’m actually going to go on an industrial placement year and then complete my transfer after the placement. That means I will only have one more years of tuition loans available , so I will use the money I’ve received from my placements to pay for a year out of my own pocket .

Hi there,

Does this mean that the length of your course will now be 5 years?

Regards,
Nihad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending