The Student Room Group

Nexplanon implant

Hello, I have been on the implant for 2 months now and have no experienced any periods of anything, and on Wednesday last week I experienced a brown discharge "blood" and have a had to put pant liners on my pants. Is this normal or something wrong, it's been going on for about 5 days now and I have bad tummy pains as well
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I have been on the implant for 2 months now and have no experienced any periods of anything, and on Wednesday last week I experienced a brown discharge "blood" and have a had to put pant liners on my pants. Is this normal or something wrong, it's been going on for about 5 days now and I have bad tummy pains as well

it could be side effects that you are having, the implant is doing its job as you not had any periods or you maybe experience some periods which are not unusal with this , all the information should had been explain to you by the person who inserted it for you.

Side effects of Nexplanon include:
changes in menstrual periods,
irregular menstrual periods,
mood changes,
breast tenderness or pain,
abdominal pain,
back pain,
changes in appetite,
nausea,

if you concern then seek medical advice asap or talk to your local chemist pharmacist

i hope this is helpful to you

it could be side effects that you are having, the implant is doing its job as you not had any periods or you maybe experience some periods which are not unusal with this , all the information should had been explain to you by the person who inserted it for you.

Side effects of Nexplanon include:
changes in menstrual periods,
irregular menstrual periods,
mood changes,
breast tenderness or pain,
abdominal pain,
back pain,
changes in appetite,
nausea,

if you concern then seek medical advice asap or talk to your local chemist pharmacist

i hope this is helpful to you

It's normal to get irregular bleeding for the first 6 months, but if you are worried, see your GP.
I got mine in about 4 months ago and I’ve had random spotting since. It’s like mini periods constantly. It’s normal I believe but definitely annoying.

Quick Reply

Latest