The Student Room Group

Glasses

When I relax my eyes I can’t see the board or my work. I am worried I am going to have to wear glasses all the time. What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

You probably need to get glasses. But you don’t have to wear glasses all the time you can opt in for contacts. Also there’s the option for laser eye surgery but that’s for probs in the future if you wanted it. I suggest you should go to your optometrist for a test
Reply 2
You should get your eyes checked. It might be only a temporary spasm.
Even if you will need glasses it doesn't mean you'll need them all the time.
Reply 3
Original post by Kathy89

It has been like this for a while and when I relax my eyes everything goes really blurry
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
It has been like this for a while and when I relax my eyes everything goes really blurry

from my experience it is probably something that's been there since your childhood and has been untreated because children's eyes can compensate a lot of effort and now it is starting to be harder so when you don't strain your eyes everything is blurry. Possibly that wearing glasses for certain activities will help your eyes relax and you will see much better even without glasses for the rest of the activities because your eyes will be rested and not tired.

Anyways, it all should be tested, can't say anything exact without an eye exam.
Reply 5
Original post by Kathy89

May I have to wear them all the time
Reply 6
May I have to wear them all the time

depends on the situation. probably not.
Reply 7
Original post by Kathy89
depends on the situation. probably not.

I can’t see much when I relax my eyes so .... I have to squint
Reply 8
I can’t see much when I relax my eyes so .... I have to squint

Go check your eyes.
Reply 9
Original post by Kathy89
Go check your eyes.

Had eyes tested turns out I need to wear them all the time
What's your prescription?
Don't feel bad about it.
Get glasses that make you look and feel good. Lots of choices and colours available.
Original post by Kathy89
What's your prescription?
Don't feel bad about it.

-1.5 and -2I have to wear them all the time but I am not used to wearing them all the time- will the edges of my frames disappear?
-1.5 and -2I have to wear them all the time but I am not used to wearing them all the time- will the edges of my frames disappear?

yeah, you stop noticing them after a while
Original post by black tea
yeah, you stop noticing them after a while

Like I can’t get used to it should I not take them off at all throughout the day
Like I can’t get used to it should I not take them off at all throughout the day

Up to you, I guess. I don't take mine off.
Original post by black tea
Up to you, I guess. I don't take mine off.

Cheers this will take getting used to
Original post by Kutie Karen
Get glasses that make you look and feel good. Lots of choices and colours available.

I went for black oversized frames

not a huge, yet pretty noticeable correction.
You will get used to it, if you wear them all the time you will get used to it faster. One downside of it is when you are not wearing glasses (or wearing contacts for example) you will still move your head when looking to the sides instead of just moving your eyes.
Original post by Kathy89
not a huge, yet pretty noticeable correction.
You will get used to it, if you wear them all the time you will get used to it faster. One downside of it is when you are not wearing glasses (or wearing contacts for example) you will still move your head when looking to the sides instead of just moving your eyes.

I have noticed the sides of my frames disappear today and I’m used to it now but the only problem I have is wearing them to school

Quick Reply

Latest