The Student Room Group

Is it rude to tell someone they’re so shy??

21 minutes ago
So the other day I took quite offence to my sister telling me I’m so shy and I need to open up more . I’m well are of my shyness but I hate when people point it out I find it quite rude . She said when we are going abroad in a few months that I should try to be more open and social . Do you think she was being rude or has my best interest at heart ??
As a shy person myself, I think it is rude. That person might have social anxiety (you never know) so it's like saying stop having a mental illness. You should go at your pace when trying to be more open.
Not at all.... some people are naturally shy and others aren't. There's nothing wrong with it.
Best interest at heart
I know its hard hearing it a lot, but it's something you can try and improve on.
Original post by Hannahzx
21 minutes ago
So the other day I took quite offence to my sister telling me I’m so shy and I need to open up more . I’m well are of my shyness but I hate when people point it out I find it quite rude . She said when we are going abroad in a few months that I should try to be more open and social . Do you think she was being rude or has my best interest at heart ??

I also agree, i think it is so rude. I suffer from social anxiety and when people say this to me it just makes it worse and it is as if they are expecting you to be that way at all times. It is not as if i am shy at all times idk but most people really intimidate me and if i say something i often rethink it many times to see if i said something weird or what they may have thought of me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending