The Student Room Group

Is this actually illegal?

I've just turned 17 this week and my girl is still 15, she's not 16 until March, she was talking to her friend about her being sexually active with me (which has been going on for months) but her friend has scared us both by saying that it's illegal now that i'm over 16 and she's not. Is this true?
Original post by Anonymous
I've just turned 17 this week and my girl is still 15, she's not 16 until March, she was talking to her friend about her being sexually active with me (which has been going on for months) but her friend has scared us both by saying that it's illegal now that i'm over 16 and she's not. Is this true?

Have a read of this
http://www.fpa.org.uk/factsheets/law-on-sex

Strictly speaking it is an offence. I couldn’t speculate on wether you would be prosecuted or not.
How do her parents feel about it?
(edited 4 years ago)
Technically yes, but the circumstances might affect whether or not you would be charged, like if you both consented whilst both underage, and given the closeness in age, but really it is illegal and you probably shouldn't for your own safety,
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

it's technically illegal however because you're so close in ages and there's no abuse/exploitation/drugging involved [im assuming] the police and the CPS will turn a blind eye to it

the AOC was designed to criminalise adults for having sex with children not two people close in age
Yes.
She's not of age to consent yet, but the likelihood of you being charged is probably pretty minimal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending