The Student Room Group

vaginal yeast infection

how do i get rid of it? i've had it for 9 years. i keep going to my gp and their treatments aren't working. this is making me extremely insecure and depressed.
Try going to a local sexual health clinic as they’ll have dealt with many cases and personally I’ve found are generally more helpful than GPs, and they actually make an effort to help you with referrals if necessary etc
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Try going to a local sexual health clinic as they’ll have dealt with many cases and personally I’ve found are generally more helpful than GPs, and they actually make an effort to help you with referrals if necessary etc

did that already. they found nothing.
how do i get rid of it? i've had it for 9 years. i keep going to my gp and their treatments aren't working. this is making me extremely insecure and depressed.

Please dont feel insecure and depressed .Out there, there is a solution you just need to find it.
What did your GP say? And what medication did they issue you with?
Dont give up, if necessary go back to your GP and tell them that what they have prescribed thus far is not working, reiterate how long you have had it for and tell them how it is making you feel. Good luck. If you feel the need to chat pm me, I will gladly chat with you.
Reply 4
Original post by Karisa96
Please dont feel insecure and depressed .Out there, there is a solution you just need to find it.
What did your GP say? And what medication did they issue you with?
Dont give up, if necessary go back to your GP and tell them that what they have prescribed thus far is not working, reiterate how long you have had it for and tell them how it is making you feel. Good luck. If you feel the need to chat pm me, I will gladly chat with you.

they said i have yeast infection and they even gave me thrush medications but they leave and come back after a day. it’s extremely depressing because i smell extremely bad down there. and this infection has now spread in other parts of my body. i just want it gone :frown:
they said i have yeast infection and they even gave me thrush medications but they leave and come back after a day. it’s extremely depressing because i smell extremely bad down there. and this infection has now spread in other parts of my body. i just want it gone :frown:

I'm sure Hun you do. I feel for you, what are you using to combat the smell, because I know that can be very embarrassing. Look if you want to discuss things of a personal nature pm me and we can chat.
Reply 6
I'm sure Hun you do. I feel for you, what are you using to combat the smell, because I know that can be very embarrassing. Look if you want to discuss things of a personal nature pm me and we can chat.

i have to change my pants and trousers about 5 times a day. wash myself 3 times a day. still the smell is there. not extremely bad but it still doesn’t smell normal. sorry i can’t this is extremely embarrassing. i don’t wanna talk about how insecure it makes me feel because talking about it with no solution makes me even more miserable, i just want a solution:frown:
i have to change my pants and trousers about 5 times a day. wash myself 3 times a day. still the smell is there. not extremely bad but it still doesn’t smell normal. sorry i can’t this is extremely embarrassing. i don’t wanna talk about how insecure it makes me feel because talking about it with no solution makes me even more miserable, i just want a solution:frown:

I know it is extremely embarrassing, but sometimes by talking about it a solution can sometimes be found. Re your clothes have you tried wearing a skirt or dress that might make life a bit easier. I get some discharge from time to time and I use pantyliners to stop the staining in my knickers, perhaps you could do the same, if you are not already, plus it will stop you from changing your undies so many times.
Reply 8
I know it is extremely embarrassing, but sometimes by talking about it a solution can sometimes be found. Re your clothes have you tried wearing a skirt or dress that might make life a bit easier. I get some discharge from time to time and I use pantyliners to stop the staining in my knickers, perhaps you could do the same, if you are not already, plus it will stop you from changing your undies so many times.

i wear dresses at home so it helps but pants are always soaked in vaginal discharge and sometimes the panty liner doesn’t get all the discharge. i have to change my panty liner every hour. it’s like having a period all the time. i also have anal yeast infection which means my ass also smells like literal garbage and discharge comes out of there too. i usually wear trousers. doesn’t matter what i wear anyway, it reeks of dead fish
Have you ever had a longer course of treatment? Sometimes you need to take it for a few weeks in order to clear the infection.
Original post by black tea
Have you ever had a longer course of treatment? Sometimes you need to take it for a few weeks in order to clear the infection.

2 weeks. And it didn’t do anything at all. I’m willing to pay hundreds just to get rid of it. The GP aren’t giving me what i desperately need. Maybe i need to be taking medication everyday for the rest of my life. just to treat it.
2 weeks. And it didn’t do anything at all. I’m willing to pay hundreds just to get rid of it. The GP aren’t giving me what i desperately need. Maybe i need to be taking medication everyday for the rest of my life. just to treat it.

Was it the pessaries of tablets that you had? I've found that tablets work better for me. And have you been tested for diabetes, because that can make you more likely to get thrush.

Also, thrush shouldn't really smell that bad - are you sure its not BV or something?
Thats sounds like BV and not a yeast infection. You need flagyl
Was it the pessaries of tablets that you had? I've found that tablets work better for me. And have you been tested for diabetes, because that can make you more likely to get thrush.

Also, thrush shouldn't really smell that bad - are you sure its not BV or something?

No it’s not thrush but they just recently found out that it was a yeast infection and not thrush. But before that, they gave me medication for BV and thrush cause they had no idea which one. Yes i was diagnosed with diabetes a year ago. And i know those with diabetes have a higher risk of yeast infections. So i know why i have it but doesn’t change the fact that i can’t get rid of it. And it’s also making me very depressed about having diabetes.
Thats sounds like BV and not a yeast infection. You need flagyl

no i did a swab and they said it was a yeast infection.
No it’s not thrush but they just recently found out that it was a yeast infection and not thrush. But before that, they gave me medication for BV and thrush cause they had no idea which one. Yes i was diagnosed with diabetes a year ago. And i know those with diabetes have a higher risk of yeast infections. So i know why i have it but doesn’t change the fact that i can’t get rid of it. And it’s also making me very depressed about having diabetes.

Thrush is a yeast infection. You need to keep going back to your GP if things are not clearing up. Maybe your diabetes needs to be better controlled, or maybe they need to give you longer courses of treatment or different treatment. Either way, the only people who can help are you doctors.
Thrush is a yeast infection. You need to keep going back to your GP if things are not clearing up. Maybe your diabetes needs to be better controlled, or maybe they need to give you longer courses of treatment or different treatment. Either way, the only people who can help are you doctors.

Then i guess i will have to accept that i will be like this forever.
Then i guess i will have to accept that i will be like this forever.

Your choice.

Quick Reply

Latest