The Student Room Group

Mum had an abortion

How would you feel if your mum did this? And had your sibling's life ended? And therefore killed. Wouldn't you feel a member of your family is missing? Would you feel lucky that she didn't use her womb as an execution chamber for you? Would you thank your mum at least she spared your life, because you know having stable finance is what really counts. If she didn't have that you would have been given the saline wash or skull cracking treatment. That's just life.. or death, ahem sorry I mean "abortion"...no life or death involved when there's a developing human baby of course.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It’s none of my business as it’s her choice
The hardest of choices require the strongest of wills - Thanos
Original post by Ray_Shadows
The hardest of choices require the strongest of wills - Thanos

Thanos.jpg
No. It's not my business. I'm not the one raising the child - my mother would be.
its her choice to make
Well given that the so-called "sibling" never actually existed and was never more than a clump of cells, I couldn't care less. I fully support abortion and if she wanted an abortion I fully support her choice.
That being said it's none of my business because I don't know her.
Your thoughts are a bit overdramatic lmao
Original post by Anonymous
How would you feel if your mum did this? And had your sibling's life ended? And therefore killed. Wouldn't you feel a member of your family is missing? Would you feel lucky that she didn't use her womb as an execution chamber for you? Would you thank your mum at least she spared your life, because you know having stable finance is what really counts. If she didn't have that you would have been given the saline wash or skull cracking treatment. That's just life.. or death, ahem sorry I mean "abortion"...no life or death involved when there's a developing human baby of course.

I'd fully support her decision, as it is none of my business what she does with her body. Nobody lightly chooses to have an abortion - there would be real, genuine, most likely heart-breaking reasons for having one so I would be there to support her through it and afterwards.
Reply 9
Quotes are pretty hip nowadays so I'll give you one of my own, from "me"

"My personal opinion is that life begins at the point of conception and abortion is morally indefensible"

But hey hey, don't swarm me liberals alright. Peace, love and hugs :h:
my views on abortion will make ppl angry
I wouldn't feel anything as it's happened before and felt nothing. And no, I'm not glad I was not aborted
Listen I absolutely understand. This was a possible chance of life. A boy or a girl. A sibling that would’ve changed your and your family’s future. But there must be a reason your mother has done this. Perhaps she became pregnant by accident. I believe you’re in your teens and mothers are at an age here which they usually don’t want to become pregnant again because it is difficult to teach children ABCs again etc. Perhaps it would have had disabilities. But all in all it was your mothers choice. You shouldn’t become a sad. Please support your mother though. Sometimes abortion can emotionally impact people too

if this isn't a troll and you truly find her actions morally reprehensible then call her out for it mate
I understand and get how you feel but at the same time its your mothers choice. Im not sure this is the right question to ask on here as its just going to start a whole pro-life, pro-choice debate. How you feel is completely justified whether you are happy with the decision she made or not, but its also best just to try and have empathy, understand the choices of others and im guessing from your post if you aren't happy with your mothers choice to show her some forgiveness and compassion. That cannot been an easy decision for her
Original post by Glaz
Well given that the so-called "sibling" never actually existed and was never more than a clump of cells, I couldn't care less.

Please point me to this so-called clump of cells? I can't see one after 8 weeks (abortions are usually performed between 9 and 12 weeks when it is clearly a small human developing baby).
https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy-week-by-week
It's none of my business .
It was the Mums decision to take, which I suspect would have been a very difficult one.

Bringing up another child when one may feel that they would not have the financial stability to provide them with the best life would be a selfish thing to do.
i can't really talk since who knows but I feel like you are overreacting
Original post by polinaanastasia
Bringing up another child when one may feel that they would not have the financial stability to provide them with the best life would be a selfish thing to do.

But the best thing to do is to expect a doctor (they take a hippocratic oath to cause no harm so as you can imagine some are very against the procedure of abortion) to use various methods some chemical, some physical (fetuses have bones and a skull) to kill the life? Ok then. Your thinking has been totally warped to think a barbaric act is completely fine and "unselfish."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending