The Student Room Group

What I would just like to say as a 22 year old ‘working class’ man.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BigBadRay
Could you please refrain from posting posts that don’t target the discussion. I don’t want my thread to become a troll-fest. I want genuine respectable discussion. If you are unable to do that, then please don’t post, or make your own thread orientated to your own debating style.

OK but all I said was oh. That's all your post inspired me to say. You ok Ray? Lol
Reply 21
Original post by Bang Outta Order
OK but all I said was oh. That's all your post inspired me to say. You ok Ray? Lol

I didn’t directly just mean you. It’s just that people here are like flies on sh*t when things aren’t quite on track, then within the next 5 posts it has become a total troll-fest with all original meaning gone up in the air. Annoying I know, just the way people are though...
That is a rather pessimistic prediction on such a big change of possible opportunities. Yes, with a negative mindset people will be blind to the new set of choices we will have in either our careers or business destinations, but with a more positive outlook, I believe that we can capitalise on the new ventures that are coming our way, to create a better country all round.

All new situations will require a new vision, and keeping on at old and beaten ideologies is just going to make these new opportunities fly by us.

Countries such as USA and Japan do have more opportunities for us to trade, invest and even create new networks, and industries.

Yes, it is going to be very different, business approaches will be obviously with a new global perspective, but what is wrong with that? The UK isn’t a stupid country, and I genuinely believe that with our new and stronger partners, we can have a greater global outreach while providing far more career and business choices than what is currently possible with the EU.

Personally, I am looking forward to and welcoming the new choices that will come of this. I feel that the UK had reached it’s limit threshold of growth and development within its current global standing, and will ultimately become a stronger global power for this change.

The first paragraph of your response is stereotypical garbage, people use when they have no clue in quantitative or knowledge means of their nations domestic/international position in relation to others. First of all, the USA GDP comes mainly from its tertiary (service) sector. So there isn't a lot that they can provide in terms of the physical goods agreed upon a trade deal. And I highly doubt that we will establish anything beyond a standard free trading deal (FTD), just like NAFTA. Second of all, Japan is positioned at the other side of the world, transportation is going to be expensive. The only reason why it was cheaper to get goods when in the EU, was due to the concept of containerization and economies of scale, due to the enormous demand as the trading bloc as a whole.

"Business approaches will be obviously with a new global perspective"
You mean more risk, as to implement your so called "new global perspective", would require more investment from businesses. Approximately 80% of domestic businesses fail within its 5 years. Adding more barriers for domestic businesses to grow isn't going to help them
(edited 4 years ago)
Everything in life is my fault? So was it the employees of the WTC's fault that they died in 9/11?
And, hah, thinking the Tories give a **** about the working class.
Reply 24
Original post by ApexCoder
The first paragraph of your response is stereotypical garbage, people use when they have no clue in quantitative or knowledge means of their nations domestic/international position in relation to others. First of all, the USA GDP comes mainly from its tertiary (service) sector. So there isn't a lot that they can provide in terms of the physical goods agreed upon a trade deal. And I highly doubt that we will establish anything beyond a standard free trading deal (FTD), just like NAFTA. Second of all, Japan is positioned at the other side of the world, transportation is going to be expensive. The only reason why it was cheaper to get goods when in the EU, was due to the concept of containerization and economies of scale, due to the enormous demand as the trading bloc as a whole.

"Business approaches will be obviously with a new global perspective"
You mean more risk, as to implement your so called "new global perspective", would require more investment from businesses. Approximately 80% of domestic businesses fail within its 5 years. Adding more barriers for domestic businesses to grow isn't going to help them

I think you misunderstood the angle that I was trying to come at. I am very aware of what you are saying, even though I don’t quite agree with some of it, or at least your knowledge/understanding on how new business ventures arise.

I was mainly pointing out not only corporate changes, but changes to how start up companies with new ideas and skills can come on the scene, which in my opinion is what the U.K needs the most. Sometimes stagnation can set in and a few changes can make all the difference to allow new ideas to be explored. Try thinking in a more business approach instead of an economists approach. Both are totally vital of course, but to think that everything just comes down to a current-state-of-affairs calculation is some what narrow minded.
Reply 25
Original post by HBaguette
Everything in life is my fault? So was it the employees of the WTC's fault that they died in 9/11?
And, hah, thinking the Tories give a **** about the working class.

Please see post #20
You've created the chip on your shoulder. No one else.

Bottom line: Tories think of you as chattel. Especially man like Boris. You're drunk and feckless.
Reply 27
Original post by Castro Saint

Bottom line: Tories think of you as chattel. Especially man like Boris. You're drunk and feckless.

Please see post #20
Please see post #20

Oh, I think my post was perfectly relevant. Was the Holocaust the Jews' fault, too? Were the 7/7 attacks the passengers' faults? Was the recent London bridge stabbing the victim's fault? You said that everything that happens in life is your own fault.
Please see post #20

Mhm.

Reply 30
Original post by HBaguette
Oh, I think my post was perfectly relevant. Was the Holocaust the Jews' fault, too? Were the 7/7 attacks the passengers' faults? Was the recent London bridge stabbing the victim's fault? You said that everything that happens in life is your own fault.

From post #20

“I want genuine respectable discussion. If you are unable to do that, or you are only reading cherry picked parts of my posts without context, then please don’t post here, or make your own thread orientated to your own debating style.”
Reply 31
Mhm.

My aim in this is to avoid ad hominem.

From post #20
“I want genuine respectable discussion. If you are unable to do that, or you are only reading cherry picked parts of my posts without context, then please don’t post here, or make your own thread orientated to your own debating style.”
The original post is so full of flaws I'd have to write an essay dissecting it all. I'm too drunk, criminal and feckless to do so.
What I would like to ask the average 22 yr old working class man. 1) Why is you hair on upside down? 2) WTF did you vote leave? You have only yourselves to blame!
I think you misunderstood the angle that I was trying to come at. I am very aware of what you are saying, even though I don’t quite agree with some of it, or at least your knowledge/understanding on how new business ventures arise.

I was mainly pointing out not only corporate changes, but changes to how start up companies with new ideas and skills can come on the scene, which in my opinion is what the U.K needs the most. Sometimes stagnation can set in and a few changes can make all the difference to allow new ideas to be explored. Try thinking in a more business approach instead of an economists approach. Both are totally vital of course, but to think that everything just comes down to a current-state-of-affairs calculation is some what narrow minded.

But the "new ideas and skills" you are referring to is not something expected from a start up company, and if present it may also become a deterrent to achieve growth internationally as not everyone is the perfect entrepreneur. While these possible ideas may minimize the disadvantages I provided earlier by achieving in example larger profit margins. It will never reach its optimum level of efficiency when in the EU, as the disadvantages will never be removed as long as the EU member states maintain its shared policy due to it being a single market. While having an economic and business perspective is crucial, the economic perspective is normally utilized to gauge a "business perspective" method whether its realistic enough, hence why "economics" is based on statistical data which reduces possibility of subjectivity.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by ApexCoder
But the "new ideas and skills" you are referring to is not something expected from a start up company, and if present it may also become a deterrent to achieve growth internationally as not everyone is the perfect entrepreneur. While these possible ideas may minimize the disadvantages I provided earlier by achieving in example larger profit margins. It will never reach its optimum level of efficiency when in the EU, as the disadvantages will never be removed as long as the EU member states maintain its shared policy due to it being a single market

But that is from a rather anti-entrepreneurial point of view. And yes, startups generally do introduce new ideas, that is the whole point of them isn’t it. Yes I agree with your point on efficiency, but how would the U.K of managed to reach a higher threshold of possible capitalist success with the EU? You must admit that the EU isn’t as entrepreneurial as the US and Japan, which may be a strong reason why there is such a weak entrepreneurial culture within the UK.

I do believe that with the same stagnated mindset of current business culture within the UK, your predictions could hold some weight, but why are you so sure that this new situation wouldn’t trigger an upsurge in a healthier and stronger business culture, amongst start-ups and corporations?

Maybe your point of view is a little too anti-Darwinist...
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by Vinny C
What I would like to ask the average 22 yr old working class man. 1) Why is you hair on upside down? 2) WTF did you vote leave? You have only yourselves to blame!

Thank you for your thought provoking post. It was rather enlightening, and your reasoning and debate skills are A+. However, I am going for a slightly different style of debate here, so please refer to post #20 or the new header that I have included in the OP.
Reply 37
The original post is so full of flaws I'd have to write an essay dissecting it all. I'm too drunk, criminal and feckless to do so.

From post #20
“then please don’t post here, or make your own thread orientated to your own debating style.”
Thank you for your thought provoking post. It was rather enlightening, and your reasoning and debate skills are A+. However, I am going for a slightly different style of debate here, so please refer to post #20 or the new header that I have included in the OP.

You are most welcome... I'm not someone who shaves their head instead of their face. Talk about confusion!
Reply 39
From now on all posts not understanding, or refusing to respect post #20 (or the new header in the OP) will be ignored, so that the thread doesn’t become bloated with spam.

I also ask everyone else to refrain from replying to junk posts, as quoting and replying to these causes extreme bloat to the thread and down plays any effort being put into actual productive debate, perspective, and opinions.

I would also like to ask the moderators here if they could remove post #39, #34, #33, #30, #29, #27, and #24 as these mainly consist of troll posts and ad hominem, obviously clogging up the thread.

Thank you.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending