The Student Room Group

The First Cohort of IAL In My School - A Year 12-13 Journey

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Evil Homer
@8013

I mean considering Liverpools season they are having you must be completely smashing your revision!

I think I am. I had this typical scale for the team's results:
100%: +5 goals
90-99%: +4 goals
80-89%: +2-3 goals
70-79%: +1 goal
60-69%: draw
50-59%: -1 goal
40-49%: -2 goals
Below 40%: -3 or more goals
It seems to be like a 1-week average. I often use this scale to motivate myself.
Original post by 8013
I think I am. I had this typical scale for the team's results:
100%: +5 goals
90-99%: +4 goals
80-89%: +2-3 goals
70-79%: +1 goal
60-69%: draw
50-59%: -1 goal
40-49%: -2 goals
Below 40%: -3 or more goals
It seems to be like a 1-week average. I often use this scale to motivate myself.

As a Chelsea fan maybe you should take some more breaks or go easy for a while :wink:
Reply 62
I was joint top of the class in my Chemistry test on Kinetics, as I was reading notes on the Frecciarossa 9644 train from Rome to Milan during my holiday.
Reply 63
We have completed Quantum Physics, and the entire Topic 3 in Physics. If I have time during the Chinese New Year break, I will start looking at electricity, and will go to someone in my church who is an expert in this area.
I have almost finished topic 9B in Chemistry, and will do some topic 9 questions before moving on to topic 10, sometime during my holiday.
However, Chinese New Year is an important time for Chinese people like me, as I will be visiting my distant relatives during the festival, and receive red packets from them. I have left Chinese New Year's Day (25th January) and the morning of the third day (27th January) blank to visit my relatives.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 64
21/01/2020
😷😷😷
I have a stomach ache caused by a can of juice I drank after lunch yesterday. I got a can of that kind of juice from the vending machine but there is some juice leaking from the edge. I got another can and saw that there was no problem on the can, but my stomach felt painful in Maths class today, almost 1 day after drinking the juice, and lay down on the desk after doing 3 questions. I left school early because of this.
There will be no revision done today and very little for the next 1-2 days.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 65
As I had a quick recovery, I did quite a lot of work in the past 2 days, especially in Maths.
I did a worksheet my teacher gave me, and a Jan 2019 S1 paper. I also did some P2 and P3 exercises.
I also completed the last section of chapter 9 in Chemistry.
Reply 66
25/1/2020
Happy Chinese New Year!
According to our Chinese customs, we are going to spend the day visiting our relatives and spending time with them, plus recieving red packets from them, so I have left today blank as a result.
Reply 67
The news has just announced that all schools in HK will suspend classes until 17th February because of a virus, for the first time in 11 years.
As a result, we will visit one of the relatives a week later because of the extra holiday and the cold weather.
In addition, as more teaching time is cut, I will start Electricity in Physics and Organic Chemistry (Haloalkanes and Alcohols) by myself, plus finishing the last bits of P1 and P2 in order to practice papers ASAP, so I will not miss my 2020 exams due to lack of teaching.
Reply 68
I have started self-teaching today in Chemistry Topics 10A and 8B.1, and will also do some revision on Topic 7 which is to be tested after the class suspension.
I will move on to Physics after dinner tonight by making up a song on energy levels of atoms (I got a song on the photoelectric effect to the tune of All Star).
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 69
27/1/2020
Morning session starts soon. I will be doing Maths, by completing a C1 past paper from June 2016.
Reply 70
I have completed the paper and received a score of 71/75, which is converted to 97 UMS. Had I simplified the fraction 44²/30 correctly it would have been a 100 UMS!
Reply 71
Yesterday, I have self-taught Physics chapter 4A.1 and did some practice on quantum physics. I have also self-taught Chemistry chapters 8B.2, 8B.3 and 10B.1, plus doing some practice on intermolecular forces.
Reply 72
I have self taught chapters 4A.2 and 4A.3 in Physics. I also self-taught Chemistry topic 8B.4, and did some practice on Redox.
Reply 73
I have self-taught Chemistry topic 10B.2 in the past 30 mins. I am about to move on to an important topic 10B.3 (Reactions and Mechanisms of Haloalkanes). I will also do some quick practice on this with PMT.
Reply 74
I have just finished studying the final chapter of P2 Maths, so I am about to do a full C12 paper. I will start from the most recent one, June 2019.
Reply 75
I have completed the C12 paper. My score was 111/125, which is converted to an A and 180 UMS. The last question was quite difficult!
Reply 76
I did quite a lot of work related to Physics today. I self-taught chapter 4B.4, and did some practice on Resistivity, Quantum physics and Polarisation of light, which is the topic of my worst test. This time I achieved a score of 94% after treating the last questions on the PMT exercise as a test, which is an improvement by 135% (more than double the score) over my previous test. Incredible.
I will do Maths after dinner. I will do a new syllabus P1 paper I found on TSR and downloaded to my Drive, as the C12 papers take too much time and I have to do the paper until 10:30 PM, which is too late.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 77
My plan for tomorrow:
1. Complete a Maths C12 paper (Jan 2019)
2. Do some more practice on Reactions of Haloalkanes
3. Complete the self-teaching of Chemistry topic 8B and Physics topic 4A, and doing more practice on these topics
Reply 78
As I do not have the mark scheme for the Oct 2019 paper, I did a C1 June 2015 instead and got 69/75, which is an A and 90 UMS.
All the marks are lost to silly mistakes, like 165/15=13!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 79
As I have my Maths tutorial at 4:00 pm, I will not be doing the C12 paper today. I will be doing it tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending