The Student Room Group

How to hide upper lip hair

Hi
I’m Asian and I have really prominent upper lip hair I am allowed to put jolen bleach on it once a month only so the effects of that wear off after a week so is there anyway I can hide it without my mum knowing because it makes me self conscious I have tried covering it with makeup but that doesn’t work
Many thanks in advance

Scroll to see replies

*moustache. Try shaving it off.
Reply 2
Original post by Mad_Dog_Graveson
*moustache. Try shaving it off.

Yeah but that would mean I would have to do it ever other day right? Because that would create lots of new hairs on the upper lip :frown:
Reply 3
No way! I’m such a wimp but thanks for the advice x
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah but that would mean I would have to do it ever other day right? Because that would create lots of new hairs on the upper lip :frown:

Fair enough, you could pluck it or wax it
use a facial razor. it wont grow back until a few days. i stopped threading and started using a razor instead. honestly so much easier and also saves u money
Reply 6
Fair enough, you could pluck it or wax it

That hurts to write? Also if I was to shave it how frequently would I have to do it as I have dark hair?
Reply 7
That hurts to write? Also if I was to shave it how frequently would I have to do it as I have dark hair?

*right
Reply 8
Original post by floraaax
use a facial razor. it wont grow back until a few days. i stopped threading and started using a razor instead. honestly so much easier and also saves u money

Is that the same as using a hair removal cream?
Reply 9
Yeah :nope:

Every week, I guess. Anyway, short term pain for long term gain. It might be worth it to wax or pluck. It might hurt, but it’ll be better in the long run. And you’ll get use to it eventually
threading. I always thread my eyebrows and the first time i did it (age 11//12) it hurt but now i dont feel it at all so maybe that can help!!!
Every week, I guess. Anyway, short term pain for long term gain. It might be worth it to wax or pluck. It might hurt, but it’ll be better in the long run. And you’ll get use to it eventually

True...
Original post by ساره
threading. I always thread my eyebrows and the first time i did it (age 11//12) it hurt but now i dont feel it at all so maybe that can help!!!

But then my mum would notice
:frown:

You should get it waxed. There's two types of hot wax: soft and Hard.
I've used both and (personally) recommend the latter (hard wax).
You can buy it online, all you need is the hot wax, a wax warmer + wooden lollipop type sticks
Hard wax is a lot easier to use, doesn't tear off the skin and is less messy than soft wax.

I do it every 3-4 weeks with the occasional touch up with a thread/tweezer.

For reference: I wax my whole face and it doesn't hurt much. The hair doesn't grow back more and it doesn't grow back at an angle since it's pulled from roots. :smile:

nope! its similar to shaving but the razor is smaller than a normal body razor. i dont like hair removal cream coz its so much hassle and messy. u can buy the facial razors on amazon theyre like £3 for a pack of 6. or get the boots one which works with batteries which is £20. i got the boots one and its honestly the best decision

Also is there a way I could cover it with makeup like is there a technique or something??
But then my mum would notice
:frown:

How old are you? Just explain how you feel to her idk depends on how old you are though

The thing with hair removal cream is that you have to specifically buy one for your face. Don't use the body one - you'll damage your skin.
With both shaving + hair removal skin, if you don't properly exfoliate & moisturise your skin afterwards you'll get dark areas where it'll make the hair seem more noticeable (trust me, I've been there!)

So personally, I'd recommend waxing / threading 100%.
(edited 4 years ago)
Also is there a way I could cover it with makeup like is there a technique or something??

I’m not sure :frown: I’m not a lass (or a poof), but I’m sure there might be a lass out there to answer your question

Quick Reply

Latest