The Student Room Group

What should I do? - prom

Hi,
I know prom is a long time away but my friends are already discussing transport and I haven’t been invited. There are 16 people going and some of the people invited the person who is organising it doesn’t speak to them as much as me as they just walk to school whereas I sit with them at lunch and stand talking to with them at breaks. This has really upset me as I thought we were better friends and they talk about it when I’m stood there. Also I don’t know many other people as it’s all of my friendship group going so I don’t know if I should confront them, not go or go with someone else? Please help me :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Chocolateorange3
Hi,
I know prom is a long time away but my friends are already discussing transport and I haven’t been invited. There are 16 people going and some of the people invited the person who is organising it doesn’t speak to them as much as me as they just walk to school whereas I sit with them at lunch and stand talking to with them at breaks. This has really upset me as I thought we were better friends and they talk about it when I’m stood there. Also I don’t know many other people as it’s all of my friendship group going so I don’t know if I should confront them, not go or go with someone else? Please help me :smile:

Transport? Are you expecting to go in a limousine or an antique bus or something?
Original post by Deggs_14
Transport? Are you expecting to go in a limousine or an antique bus or something?

Yes, that’s what people do in my school
If I were you I’d talk to the person you are closest to.
Ask if you’re included in the transport arrangements because you would like to be.
If there’s 16 of you then you’ll need more than one car,
Hi,

Ignoring the transport issue, do you actually want to go to prom? If you do, don't just refuse to go because you aren't going with other people. If you feel that strongly about it, ask them if you can join in.
Reply 5

My goodness! Who's paying for that I wonder?
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Ignoring the transport issue, do you actually want to go to prom? If you do, don't just refuse to go because you aren't going with other people. If you feel that strongly about it, ask them if you can join in.

Yes I do but I don’t want to feel awkward and go with no friends. I’m scared if I ask I will lose friends and get rejected.
My goodness! Who's paying for that I wond

It wouldn’t be that bad if it’s split between lots of people. The others are being asked to pay £20 ( I know because they talk about it when I’m sat there)
Yes I do but I don’t want to feel awkward and go with no friends. I’m scared if I ask I will lose friends and get rejected.

I understand. But if they cease to be friends because you ask they’re not worth it. If you don’t ask you’ll torture yourself. Try to be brave

If you do get rejected, then maybe suggest that you break off into a few groups and go in multiple vehicles? Limousines vary in size a little, but most don't have more than 8 seats.
I just didn’t go to mine, saves a lot of stress and avoids the social politics. Most of my friends that went didn’t enjoy their proms. Just my opinion I get what you mean though
Hi,

honey, you dont need someone to take you! Take yourself!
The absurd notion that you have to be in a relationship with someone is outdated. You can and should love yourself. So why not take yourself to prom?

Hope you have a great time!
If you do get rejected, then maybe suggest that you break off into a few groups and go in multiple vehicles? Limousines vary in size a little, but most don't have more than 8 seats.

They’re thinking of going in a party bus.
Original post by Sammylou40
If I were you I’d talk to the person you are closest to.
Ask if you’re included in the transport arrangements because you would like to be.
If there’s 16 of you then you’ll need more than one car,

I have talked to the person I’m closest too and they said they can’t really do much about it and that they don’t want to be involved in drama but thank you for the suggestion.
They’re thinking of going in a party bus.

Then just ask the one who's organising it if you can be included. They might be grateful to split the cost between more people. If you don't ask, you won't get.
Then just ask the one who's organising it if you can be included. They might be grateful to split the cost between more people. If you don't ask, you won't get.

Ok, thank you.
My goodness! Who's paying for that I wonder?

Some plonker rented a Lambo for our high school prom :rofl: (may I add he was 16)

I urge you to boycott this American tradition and not go at all. Be the better person and perhaps donate the money you would have spent to charity.
Reply 18
Original post by barnetlad
I urge you to boycott this American tradition and not go at all. Be the better person and perhaps donate the money you would have spent to charity.

Ooh yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending