The Student Room Group

Student Finance

Can somebody explain to me, in stupid person terms, maintenance loans etc? A university told me I’d receive the largest amount of maintenance available, and I’d get that exact amount each semester, so the 8000 odd pound every semester, I’m assuming that’s not right?
8000 for the whole year not each semester :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Can somebody explain to me, in stupid person terms, maintenance loans etc? A university told me I’d receive the largest amount of maintenance available, and I’d get that exact amount each semester, so the 8000 odd pound every semester, I’m assuming that’s not right?

Hello,

Your maintenance loan amount will be decided by student finance after looking at your household income. If you are sure you are going to be receiving the maximum loan then you can refer to this page for the exact figure.

You will receive these funds after you are approved by Student Finance and you are registered as attending the university. Payments come in at the start of every Semester (Sept, Jan, Apr) and each payment is a third of the overall figure meaning if you receive the £8,944 figure for living away from home when at university you should expect £2981 each term.

I hope this helps :smile:

Patrick :lep:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hello,

Your maintenance loan amount will be decided by student finance after looking at your household income. If you are sure you are going to be receiving the maximum loan then you can refer to this page for the exact figure.

You will receive these funds after you are approved by Student Finance and you are registered as attending the university. Payments come in at the start of every Semester (Sept, Jan, Apr) and each payment is a third of the overall figure meaning if you receive the £8,944 figure for living away from home when at university you should expect £2981 each term.

I hope this helps :smile:

It did, thank you so much :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
It did, thank you so much :smile:

You're Welcome. :smile:

Glad I could help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending