The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Postgraduate accommodation Lancaster University

Hi everyone. I have been accepted into a PG programme at Lancaster University for 2020-2021. I am navigating through my accommodation options. I am considering University accommodation because of the proximity to the library (overnight study) and general buildings, but I do not know which halls I prefer. I would like to be able to make friends easily (PG), but also to enjoy a quiet area and all that jazz. Any recommendations?
Original post by Lisbeth Salander
Hi everyone. I have been accepted into a PG programme at Lancaster University for 2020-2021. I am navigating through my accommodation options. I am considering University accommodation because of the proximity to the library (overnight study) and general buildings, but I do not know which halls I prefer. I would like to be able to make friends easily (PG), but also to enjoy a quiet area and all that jazz. Any recommendations?

Hello Lisbeth,
At Lancaster we have a collegiate system and so you'll be in Graduate college. The Grad college accommodation is what you'll be in and I think it'll suit you well! You'll be living with other grads and you'll have your own elected student body (the JCR) who organise events etc. You have your own porters who help you with accommodation, post, security etc and also your own study area and bar (although all bars are free for anyone to use). Grad college accommodation is in Alexandra Park and so is one of the quieter spots on campus with mostly accommodation nearby (though it still contains 3 bars, a Starbucks, a cash machine and somewhere to eat). It's about a 15 minute walk to the library too. There's a few different options of exact accommodation types so it just depends on your budget! Let me know if you have any questions or anything I can help you with!
Charlotte :smile:
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hello Lisbeth,
At Lancaster we have a collegiate system and so you'll be in Graduate college. The Grad college accommodation is what you'll be in and I think it'll suit you well! You'll be living with other grads and you'll have your own elected student body (the JCR) who organise events etc. You have your own porters who help you with accommodation, post, security etc and also your own study area and bar (although all bars are free for anyone to use). Grad college accommodation is in Alexandra Park and so is one of the quieter spots on campus with mostly accommodation nearby (though it still contains 3 bars, a Starbucks, a cash machine and somewhere to eat). It's about a 15 minute walk to the library too. There's a few different options of exact accommodation types so it just depends on your budget! Let me know if you have any questions or anything I can help you with!
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine

Hi, Charlotte,

Thanks for the quick answer! Would it be ok to message you privately so we can told about this more?

Thanks
Original post by Lisbeth Salander
Hi, Charlotte,

Thanks for the quick answer! Would it be ok to message you privately so we can told about this more?

Thanks

Of course!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending