The Student Room Group

cold environments

can somebody help me with this gcse geography question "plants and animals adapt in order to survive in a cold environment" expalin this statement
Reply 1
Think of some animals and plants that live in the cold, and compare them to those that live in warmer climates. The differences are your probably your answer.
Original post by keira200416
can somebody help me with this gcse geography question "plants and animals adapt in order to survive in a cold environment" expalin this statement

hello. Whiles i didn't exactly do this topic in depth, i am the best in A level Geography and IGCSE biology in Ghana, Africa, and hope i can provide some ideas.
i think a good place to start is to think of some adaptations, on animals, thick fur, blubber, hibernation perhaps?
for plants, losing leaves seems the main one to me, e.g pine trees.
Then explain how adaptations are done in order to help the organism survive in its natural environment, linking each adaptation to its reason, e.g thick fur keeps it warm. out of interest how many marks was the question?
Reply 3
Original post by ThomH97
Think of some animals and plants that live in the cold, and compare them to those that live in warmer climates. The differences are your probably your answer.

thank you x
Reply 4
Original post by TristanBearz
hello. Whiles i didn't exactly do this topic in depth, i am the best in A level Geography and IGCSE biology in Ghana, Africa, and hope i can provide some ideas.
i think a good place to start is to think of some adaptations, on animals, thick fur, blubber, hibernation perhaps?
for plants, losing leaves seems the main one to me, e.g pine trees.
Then explain how adaptations are done in order to help the organism survive in its natural environment, linking each adaptation to its reason, e.g thick fur keeps it warm. out of interest how many marks was the question?

awh thats really helpful thank you so much x
Original post by keira200416
awh thats really helpful thank you so much x

happy to help anytime, helps me study too hehe!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending