The Student Room Group

Uni open days - coronavirus

I'm a y12 student. Our school was meant to be having a UCAS event at Essex Uni in June/July, not sure if it will still go ahead. I had thought of several uni open days to go to around htat time and before, but not sure if they will go ahead? I'm worried because I have to choose this year.
Universities tend to have open days in September/October and hopefully those will go ahead. You can always ring a university and arrange a visit outside of open days. You have until January to decide.
Original post by Ferrograd
I'm a y12 student. Our school was meant to be having a UCAS event at Essex Uni in June/July, not sure if it will still go ahead. I had thought of several uni open days to go to around htat time and before, but not sure if they will go ahead? I'm worried because I have to choose this year.

I was also meant to be going to a UCAS event next week but it's understandably been canceled. Hopefully, as yours is in June it will!

The actual open days may go ahead, but it's really just a waiting game.
Original post by Hazelly
I was also meant to be going to a UCAS event next week but it's understandably been canceled. Hopefully, as yours is in June it will!

The actual open days may go ahead, but it's really just a waiting game.

I've just read that the coronavirus could last for another year :-/ so not sure
Original post by Ferrograd
I've just read that the coronavirus could last for another year :-/ so not sure

Source if you mind me asking?

In the meantime, just do as much research into the universities as you can.
Original post by Hazelly
Source if you mind me asking?

In the meantime, just do as much research into the universities as you can.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/15/uk-coronavirus-crisis-to-last-until-spring-2021-and-could-see-79m-hospitalised

I can't see complete lockdown and lack of normalcy for a year though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending