The Student Room Group

Conditional Offer with an Academic Reference?

I just got a conditional Offer from Hertfordshire asking for "A signed and dated academic reference, on headed paper from the institution concerned".

There lies the problem. the professors I worked with have moved on to do their PhD's or to different jobs all together and did not respond to my emails or calls. the one professor I knew very well passed away an year ago. I am in a situation where I cannot get an academic reference at all, leave alone signed and headed paper. what am I supposed to do?
Chase them up!

Are you sure you have the right email? Unless personal email they may no longer have access to their institutions email.
Reply 2
yes.. it is the personal gmail email id which I have from the conversations during college days. I know it's their phone numbers I called as I can see their profile pictures on whatsapp. I graduated from Undegraduate 5 years ago though. can't blame them if they forgot, and can't blame them if they are actually busy.

any suggestions on how I can tackle this? should I just mail the uni regarding my situation?
Original post by shashaank94
yes.. it is the personal gmail email id which I have from the conversations during college days. I know it's their phone numbers I called as I can see their profile pictures on whatsapp. I graduated from Undegraduate 5 years ago though. can't blame them if they forgot, and can't blame them if they are actually busy.

any suggestions on how I can tackle this? should I just mail the uni regarding my situation?

How long have you been trying?

Yes may be worth asking the prospective uni.
Reply 4
it's been 2 and a half weeks as of today
Original post by Noodlzzz
How long have you been trying?

Yes may be worth asking the prospective uni.

it's been a couple of weeks. no response yet.

Its important to note I provided two references from employers as supporting docs. both signed and dated.

I can email them back though.. will they rescind my offer If I did so as I can't provide the document?
Original post by shashaank94
it's been 2 and a half weeks as of today

it's been a couple of weeks. no response yet.

Its important to note I provided two references from employers as supporting docs. both signed and dated.

I can email them back though.. will they rescind my offer If I did so as I can't provide the document?

Honestly I don't know, but would doubt it.

Can you find their new professional emails? Linkedin perhaps?
Reply 6
That was one of the first things I did. I could not find them. Only a select few professors in my country maintain an updated linkedin profile. that is why I mailed their personal mail IDs. I found one professor on Facebook and pinged them for an official contact to discuss, but no response or seen. :/

i know i may sound very difficult, but it is the reality of the situation rigth now. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending