The Student Room Group

Transfer into 2nd year Masaryk University?

Hi,

I am currently 1st year at Plovdiv Medical University and kind of regret coming here because it’s not giving me the uni satisfaction. Standards are good here, no doubt! It has everything to provide for a student, but I genuinely don’t feel contented - it’s as if I need something more!

I looked into Masaryk Medical University and that seems like my perfect place; has everything to offer: nice and modern!

So wonder if anyone of you know anyone who has transferred into Masaryk Medical University from another European Medical School? Or does anyone know how to transfer into Masaryk 2nd year? Is it possible?

I know some of you will just go against Masaryk but I have done sufficient research to say it’s definitely a possible course and it’s purely dependent on those students if they want to waste time or actually work hard. Who said medicine is an easy course?!

Guys please be honest, it’s a big decision for me to move out!
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Original post by kironkabir
Hey
Im a second year at masaryk. i can definitely say its a good place to really grow as a person, there's no such thing as the perfect place for everyone but it depends on the individual and the 'chemistry' one may have with it.
i didnt transfer but i know some who have and one came in 3rd and now is in the final year. she's probably graduated already haha.

it is possible to transfer to masaryk and IF you have the completed the courses of first year, you may be able to get an exemption and transfer directly to the second year. you must provide the masaryk student office with your plovdiv student transcript with all your completed first year exams.
as far as i know, first year modules (so 2 semesters worth) in masaryk are:
- Anatomy 1 and 2, <<YOU MUST HAVE PASSED ALREADY
- Biophysics (winter semester only),<<YOU MUST HAVE PASSED ALREADY
- Latin 1 and 2, <<YOU MUST HAVE PASSED ALREADY
- Czech Language 1 and 2, <<you would be behind a year with czech but most people are :colondollar: . we study it for 4 years=8 semesters.
- Biology 1 and 2, <<YOU MUST HAVE PASSED ALREADY
- First Aid(winter sem only),<<YOU MUST HAVE PASSED ALREADY
- Public Health (winter only) but you can still get into second year and take PHealth with the first years in the first semester! :smile:

If you haven't taken some of the modules I've listed, then due to the nature of second year module pre-requisites, you would be not allowed to take 1 or 2 modules.
For example, if you don't pass First Aid in first year, you can't do Nursing practice in 2nd year.
Or if you don;t pass Biology and Biophysics by the end of first year, then 2nd year physiology is not allowed until you finally pass them

I'm not sure how the first year in plovdiv is set out, but if it is anything similar to what i have listed, you should be fine :biggrin:

i hope what i've said made sense. reply me if u are unsure or need more info/advice!

- Kiron

Hi,

Thank you so much for your response! There is slight variation in the first year syllabus, we study:

-Anatomy
-Biology
-Chemistry
-Physics
-Cytology, Histology and Embryology
-Biophysics
-Bulgarian
-Latin

So when comparing it to your list, we haven’t done first aid, public health nor Czech language, and I think it will be a huge problem for me to transfer. Other thing that I can look at is ERASMUS exchange because Plovdiv Medical Univeristy is partnered with Masaryk so it shouldn’t be a problem at spending a semester abroad.
Reply 3
HiSo you have to give an entrance exam in order to transfer?
Reply 4
Hi So In order to transfer you have to give a entrance exam?
Reply 5
Original post by ApplesTrees
Hi,

I am currently 1st year at Plovdiv Medical University and kind of regret coming here because it’s not giving me the uni satisfaction. Standards are good here, no doubt! It has everything to provide for a student, but I genuinely don’t feel contented - it’s as if I need something more!

I looked into Masaryk Medical University and that seems like my perfect place; has everything to offer: nice and modern!

So wonder if anyone of you know anyone who has transferred into Masaryk Medical University from another European Medical School? Or does anyone know how to transfer into Masaryk 2nd year? Is it possible?

I know some of you will just go against Masaryk but I have done sufficient research to say it’s definitely a possible course and it’s purely dependent on those students if they want to waste time or actually work hard. Who said medicine is an easy course?!

Guys please be honest, it’s a big decision for me to move out!

Hi, can I ask you where did you end up studying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending