The Student Room Group

Lightheaded/dizzy all the time

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pathway
I get it, but it's easier to manage things when they're smaller issues, rather than leaving them, which may mean they get worse. :dontknow:

Yeah I agree, thank you :smile:

Original post by saskiax
drink more water and get tested for anaemia.

Yeah will do thank you :smile:

Original post by kadiatuj0001
thanks good,i hope u get better soon

Thanks for helping :smile:

Original post by yzanne
it might be anemia, or it could just be your blood sugar is low. that's symptoms of when a diabetic is having a hypo (don't panic - im not saying you have diabetes!). try eating or drinking something sugary and see how you feel after maybe?

Ah okay, i'll do just that, thanks :smile:
Original post by Nialler x
OMDs i'm sorry to hear this :console:
I guess I should go to my GP, I hate medical attention tho!!

You definitely should speak to your GP. It could be lots of different things, including a problem with your heart. Definitely get it checked out.
Original post by black tea
You definitely should speak to your GP. It could be lots of different things, including a problem with your heart. Definitely get it checked out.

Heart problem??? :shock: :afraid:
Heart problem??? :shock: :afraid:

If your heart is beating irregularly, that can make you dizzy and make it hard to breath. It probably isn't that in your case, but you won't know for sure unless you see a doctor.
(edited 3 years ago)
If your heart is beating irregular, that can make you dizzy and make it hard to breath. It probably isn't that in your case, but you won't know for sure unless you see a doctor.

Yeah true, i'm scared :cry:
Yeah true, i'm scared :cry:

Why? If your doctor finds out what's going on, you will be able to get treatment to make you feel better.
Why? If your doctor finds out what's going on, you will be able to get treatment to make you feel better.

Say if the problem is serious
Say if the problem is serious

Still better to get it dealt with so you can improve your quality of life.
Original post by Pathway

Yeah I guess so
Original post by Pathway

Yep, exactly this!
it likely could be low blood pressure - go to the doctors and get your bloods taken and that will give you the answer!
I'm wondering if it could be to do with blood pressure, you need to seek advice from your GP.
i have this when i’m stood up too long
Same here! Everytime I stand up quickly, my eyesight goes slightly blurry and I can literally feel blood rushing to my head. I think it's called Orthostatic hypotension. Try give it a search.
Yeah I guess so

I hope you're able to speak to your GP soon to sort it out/get an answer. It sucks, but having answers means a plan of action. I wish I'd dealt with my issues earlier than I chose to tbh, so I hope you learn from me in that respect.
i get this but i don't have anaemia. I drink plenty and have a varied diet. I have no heart problems. no matter how slowly or fast i get up i feel very dizzy/ lightheaded. fainted a couple of times. I dunno what to do
:s-smilie:
I feel lightheaded/dizzy all the time, I feel weak af and I feel like i'mma pass out (thankfully I don't actually pass out). Also, I feel unstable as in I lose my balance a lot, I find it hard to stand on my feet for too long as i'll end up feeling lightheaded/dizzy and i'll end up becoming unstable.

When I feel like this, my breathing does not feel normal.

I don't know what to do!

I felt the same and my iron was so low I needed an iron infusion lol
I feel lightheaded/dizzy all the time, I feel weak af and I feel like i'mma pass out (thankfully I don't actually pass out). Also, I feel unstable as in I lose my balance a lot, I find it hard to stand on my feet for too long as i'll end up feeling lightheaded/dizzy and i'll end up becoming unstable.

When I feel like this, my breathing does not feel normal.

I don't know what to do!

Do you eat on time?
Are you having enough sleep and without waking up in the middle of the night?

Take deep breath.. hold for a few secs and release it slowly!
Original post by Fermion.
I felt the same and my iron was so low I needed an iron infusion lol

Really, how are you now??

Original post by Anonymous
Do you eat on time?
Are you having enough sleep and without waking up in the middle of the night?

Take deep breath.. hold for a few secs and release it slowly!

No not all the time!
I do wake up in the middle of the night and I don't sleep well!

Thanks
bonne jour :wavey:

Quick Reply

Latest