The Student Room Group

IB Results Day 2020: Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Richieee0113
I was predicted 43 777 and I got 36 665... missed my firm to read architecture at Bath hahaha. **** ib

It is because they based their marking almost entirely on some f*cking projects which don't actually reflect anything that we have learnt during two years of study. Smart. I wonder how many people will do the IB next year after this year's experience. Really curious.
Original post by Adithya2002
So relieved 😌 I was predicted 45 and ended with 43😅 meets conditions of my offers!

Such good news. Well done!
Hey guys, I got into my russell group uni with help. If you need help, DM me.
Original post by k0nrad
It is because they based their marking almost entirely on some f*cking projects which don't actually reflect anything that we have learnt during two years of study. Smart. I wonder how many people will do the IB next year after this year's experience. Really curious.

yeah exactly!! Now loads of people are gonna ask them to remark and resit and stuff and they'll get loads of pees of it. At least they should make that free for this years student what the hell. IBs got some problems man
Original post by Elocin505
Hey guys, I got into my russell group uni with help. If you need help, DM me.

Great news! I'm glad that the unis are willing to be flexible, too.
Reply 85
i passed @Lemur14 @CoffeeAndPolitics !!

finally :smile:
Can I ask what you are studying and the Mark's you achieved?I've missed both my offers 😪
Original post by xCaHx

Congrats!!
has anyone's track updated?
Reply 89
N

Original post by dontcarelol

No
Reply 90
Original post by xCaHx

Congratulations! :smile:
Hi guys. I got a score of 44, is that good?
Original post by sam3439
Hi guys. I got a score of 44, is that good?

show off NAH IT'S TRASH
I’m an A level student and know nothing about IB.
Do state schools offer IB or is it mainly private schools in UK? Also how do you know what you were predicted, I mean is that your UCAS prediction as we are not supposed to know what the teachers graded us?
I got 40 overall. HL 776 and SL 765 + 2 from EE x TOK

Got 7 in Maths HL, Design&Tech HL and Korean A Lit SL

5 for English A Lit SL but I don't mind cuz I'm going for engineering :wink:

6 for Physics HL. My IA and prediction were 7 but idk why IB downgraded me. 4 marks away from 7. Considering re-mark.

6 for Economics SL. 8 marks away from 7. Considering re-mark.

Pretty satisfied! :smile:

Btw Is there any possibility that my Physics and Econ grades will go up?

I think 4 marks difference is expectable but 8 marks difference seems not good :frown:
Original post by dontcarelol

It seems like some people's have. If yours hasn't tomorrow, I'd suggest contacting UCAS/your unis to check they have all the info they need.

Original post by notsocalm
I’m an A level student and know nothing about IB.
Do state schools offer IB or is it mainly private schools in UK? Also how do you know what you were predicted, I mean is that your UCAS prediction as we are not supposed to know what the teachers graded us?

State schools and state sixth form colleges do offer IB, in England and Wales at least- I'm not sure about the rest of the UK. Not all state schools offer IB, obviously, but if you're interested in doing IB there are options in most areas of England at least- but you might have to be prepared to travel.

UCAS predictions aren't/shouldn't be secret- CAGs should be. I'm assuming people are talking about their UCAS predictions.
Original post by anonymous240
What were you predicted btw?

I was predicted 39, so that's +2. :smile: Shock of the year...I expected to spend the week begging my uni choices to take me on despite missing my offers but now I've got a nice period for relaxing instead!

Original post by IBstressing
That's incredible! Mine come out in 20 hours and I'm terrified :eek:

Good luck! I hope you got what you wanted!!!

Original post by Sumi Shanks
How do you know the subject break up?

I got an email from my school with my results on it, complete with subject breakdown.

Original post by Lemur14
Ahh okay, good luck with that, and have a great gap year!

Thank you! Securing deferral might be a bit hard, but thankfully I'm in a better position than I thought I'd be in.
Original post by Keith Ape
I got 40 overall. HL 776 and SL 765 + 2 from EE x TOK

Got 7 in Maths HL, Design&Tech HL and Korean A Lit SL

5 for English A Lit SL but I don't mind cuz I'm going for engineering :wink:

6 for Physics HL. My IA and prediction were 7 but idk why IB downgraded me. 4 marks away from 7. Considering re-mark.

6 for Economics SL. 8 marks away from 7. Considering re-mark.

Pretty satisfied! :smile:

Btw Is there any possibility that my Physics and Econ grades will go up?

I think 4 marks difference is expectable but 8 marks difference seems not good :frown:

Original post by OceanBacon
I was predicted 39, so that's +2. :smile: Shock of the year...I expected to spend the week begging my uni choices to take me on despite missing my offers but now I've got a nice period for relaxing instead!

Good luck! I hope you got what you wanted!!!

I got an email from my school with my results on it, complete with subject breakdown.

Thank you! Securing deferral might be a bit hard, but thankfully I'm in a better position than I thought I'd be in.

Well done on your excellent results!
Original post by 学生の父
Well done on your excellent results!

Thank you!!
Original post by RaspberryGal77
HL : Chemistry, Biology and Geography
SL : Spanish B, English Literature and Maths Studies

I’m predicted 39 overall, with 766 in HL (Geog being the 7) and 765 in SL (7 is maths, 6 is English and 5 is spanish) with 2 core points.

Really hoping to get into med school. My firm offer is 36 pts with 666 at HL, and my insurance is 35 pts with 766 at HL.

I’m absolutely terrified as I’ve seen some stories of people getting their points dropped by 6 this year so I really don’t know what’ll be happening tomorrow.

With any luck, we’ll all do well, and get into uni! Fingers crossed for us all x

Got my results earlier and have spent today processing it all. I've been quite lucky in the fact that overall, I still scored 39 (37+2) but unfortunately I've missed both my med school offers, as instead of getting 766 as predicted, I instead got 775, with the 5 being chemistry.

I can't get into any medical school with a 5 instead of a 6, and I'm really quite upset as I've spent the last two years studying hard to make sure I wouldn't have this exact problem. I got 6 for chemistry in both my end of year 12 exams and yr 13 mocks, and have been consistently getting 6s and 7s in my class topic tests but sadly the IB algorithm doesn't account for that.

I'm just hoping that perhaps, my firm will be lenient enough to let me in anyway, with the 7 in bio making up for the 5 in Chemistry? idk but it's really quite a slap in the face right now ah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending