The Student Room Group

IB Results Day 2020: Chat Thread

IB Results Day (6th July 2020) - Chat Thread

IB results day is coming around so it's time for our yearly Post Your Results thread. You can use this thread to let us know how you get on, to meet future course-mates and celebrate your achievements!

Results day can be an overwhelming time. Need help understanding your results? Check out our IB FAQ.

Unfortunately - this year there's the added uncertainty of calculated grades. Don't worry if your grades are disappointing - there's always alternatives. If you need help or advice - feel free to post here or on the IB subforum. You might also want to check out our guide to clearing or sign up for TSR Clearing Alerts.

In the meantime - introduce yourself! Here are some icebreakers:

What subjects are you taking?

What are your predicted grades and what grades are you aiming for?

What are you hoping to do after school?

If you're going to university - what are your firm/insurance offers?

How are you feeling about results day?

Good luck!
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Best wishes to everyone receiving your IB results tomorrow.
Remember, even though this year's grades are calculated differently, they are still based on all your hard work and effort over the past two years.
Be pleased with all that you know you have achieved.
Reply 2
did anyone get their results?
I DON'T KNOW HOW BUT SOMEHOW I GOT 41!!!!!!! 7, 6, 6 // 7, 7, 6 // ToK C // EE A

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! OH WHGFGGGDFGGDGGDG HIGSGDGDGFDGGFGD WOOOOOWOWOWOOOO
Original post by OceanBacon
I DON'T KNOW HOW BUT SOMEHOW I GOT 41!!!!!!! 7, 6, 6 // 7, 7, 6 // ToK C // EE A

Congrats!! Hope you can do something suitable to celebrate :yay:
Original post by Lemur14
Congrats!! Hope you can do something suitable to celebrate :yay:

Thank you!!!!!!! sorry I think i'm going a little bit mad haha

i've got a nice bottle of kopparberg mixed fruits :smile: that'll do me just fine for now

all the worrying gone!!

That's fantastic. Very well done to you!
Original post by 学生の父
That's fantastic. Very well done to you!

Thank you so much!! i feel a bit immodest to have shared it like that but i'm just so happy!!!!
Thank you!!!!!!! sorry I think i'm going a little bit mad haha

i've got a nice bottle of kopparberg mixed fruits :smile: that'll do me just fine for now

all the worrying gone!!

Sounds good :biggrin:
Glad to hear it! Are you off to uni in the autumn then?
Original post by Lemur14
Sounds good :biggrin:
Glad to hear it! Are you off to uni in the autumn then?

I'm hoping to defer to next year :smile:
I'm hoping to defer to next year :smile:

Ahh okay, good luck with that, and have a great gap year!

How do you know the subject break up?

That's incredible! Mine come out in 20 hours and I'm terrified :eek:
HL : Chemistry, Biology and Geography
SL : Spanish B, English Literature and Maths Studies

I’m predicted 39 overall, with 766 in HL (Geog being the 7) and 765 in SL (7 is maths, 6 is English and 5 is spanish) with 2 core points.

Really hoping to get into med school. My firm offer is 36 pts with 666 at HL, and my insurance is 35 pts with 766 at HL.

I’m absolutely terrified as I’ve seen some stories of people getting their points dropped by 6 this year so I really don’t know what’ll be happening tomorrow.

With any luck, we’ll all do well, and get into uni! Fingers crossed for us all x
One from my class got 9 points lower than predicted so now I’m hella scared. I know that I’ll miss my offer :frown:
Original post by RaspberryGal77

I’m predicted 39 overall, with 766 in HL (Geog being the 7) and 765 in SL (7 is maths, 6 is English and 5 is spanish) with 2 core points.

Really hoping to get into med school. My firm offer is 36 pts with 666 at HL, and my insurance is 35 pts with 766 at HL.

I’m absolutely terrified as I’ve seen some stories of people getting their points dropped by 6 this year so I really don’t know what’ll be happening tomorrow.

With any luck, we’ll all do well, and get into uni! Fingers crossed for us all x

Got mine dropped by 3 🤦🏾*♀️
Original post by Sumi Shanks
Got mine dropped by 3 🤦🏾*♀️

I'm so sorry - did you still meet your uni offer?
I am a very capable student and have never been one to do badly on exams. However, the school I went to had some weaker subject areas than others. I was predicted 38-42 and I got a 33. I am not stupid, I mean I got an A in my Biology Extended Essay. However, most of the subjects that I took my school did the worst in last year, and therefore my grades went down. I have really been let down by the IB algorithm and will now have to resit. At least now I have five months to revise for resits and I can really knuckle down and focus, but it is definitely annoying not to have the ability to just move on and go to university this time round. In conclusion, isn't it unfair to base me, an individual, on the cohort of 2019. Thank you Corona. I hope to come back in January with the result I feel that I deserve. Good luck to the people who are finding their results tomorrow! If it doesn't go so well think of it as an opportunity to spend all this time perfecting the grades you have.
What were you predicted btw?

Original post by RaspberryGal77

Ahh, I hope you get it, whats your firm?

Quick Reply