The Student Room Group

What other degree do you think you would have done

I’m interested to see what graduates of all different courses think they would have like to have done if they didn’t do the degree they did. This doesn’t mean you have to be unhappy with your current degree, just a interested to see the large scope and variations between individuals
I personally done engineering, and I enjoyed it, but I’ve always thought I would have enjoyed medicine or dentistry.

Scroll to see replies

A language, preferably at Cambridge
Reply 2
I’m not unhappy with my choice (Law), but I’ve always found English Literature something enjoyable (as a voracious reader) as well as a subject that I could easily grasp and thrive in at GCSE and A-Level.
If not Law, it would probably have been that.
Reply 3
should've done medicine. more secure
History of Art looked lovely - lots of jollies round Europe, à la a modern-day Grand Tour.
Reply 5
History, probably

Or something lit related
I hated my uni so for me it's more of a regret that I chose to do it there (but then I met my best friends there so...). But I now have an interest in acting so maybe something to do with that or basically anything that's not education (my degree)
Original post by Lewis T K
I’m interested to see what graduates of all different courses think they would have like to have done if they didn’t do the degree they did. This doesn’t mean you have to be unhappy with your current degree, just a interested to see the large scope and variations between individuals
I personally done engineering, and I enjoyed it, but I’ve always thought I would have enjoyed medicine or dentistry.

From engineering.

I would have enjoyed mathematics & finance.
Original post by gjd800
History, probably

Or something lit related

I wonder if there are degrees on Asian philosophy in the UK? If so, would you consider that? Or, are you only thinking of courses outside of your immediate field? :fluffy:
(edited 3 years ago)
I did product design because it has more practical transferable skills but i would have liked to have done illustration or military history if job prospects were of no concern (not saying there are no jobs in those fields but for the type of work i would be interested in it favours things like graphic or product design). I may eventually do a master's in illustration but as of right now i'm tired of formal education.

Original post by Reality Check
History of Art looked lovely - lots of jollies round Europe, à la a modern-day Grand Tour.

Maybe in another universe we are gallivanting around european battlefields and galleries together :biggrin:
I think architecture is really cool but I can't draw or design to save my life. The personal interest is there, just not the creative talent :tongue:

More realistically human sciences would have been well suited to my skill set and seems like a very interesting degree. Not sure what I would have done with it though - perhaps some sort of teaching/writing/documentary making.

(I did medicine and have no regrets).
I would have LOVED to do physics, but unfortunately I’m simply not good enough at maths to do it
I’ve not started my degree yet 😂, but I couldn’t imagine doing anything but physics. But if I had to pick another subject I’d probably do mathematics or chemistry
Happy with my choice of degree (econ), otherwise would have done physics
Well I did electronic engineering which I really enjoyed if I hadn’t done thar either bio engineering or zoology.
This is the reason I'm trying to tackle two master's...I've got Management undergrad which i actually didn't mind.

Public Administration

And

Organisational Change Management...

But in a totally different life being born with better numerical skills....

Economics.
Reply 16
Original post by Quick-use
I wonder if there are degrees on Asian philosophy in the UK? If so, would you consider that? Or, are you only thinking of courses outside of your immediate field? :fluffy:

Generally not at undergrad; there more options at postgrad but even they tend to drift into the arena of comparative religion or RS which wouldn't have held my interest for as long
Original post by Lewis T K

Hi @Lewis T K

I did Law, however if I had not I think I would've done History or Philosophy as I really enjoyed both subjects at A level.

Zaira :smile:
Archaeology, history or photography.
cs first degree

mathematics & philosophy
or medicine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending