The Student Room Group

Makeup

I’m legit 15 and can’t do makeup and all my friends can and I feel left out. Is it important to wear makeup ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Is it important to wear makeup ?

No. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube though, if you're interested.
Reply 2
Original post by AM.TSR
No. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube though, if you're interested.

I want to stay not wearing makeup but then feel like boys prefer makeup ?

Absolutely not. Some do but a majority of people I know prefer people without makeup.
Reply 4
Original post by AM.TSR
Absolutely not. Some do but a majority of people I know prefer people without makeup.

Ok thanks x
Reply 5
How long did it take for u to learn ? X
Reply 6
I only do mascara and I don’t personally think I need to put on much more but there loads of tutorials online and just experiment at home !!

Who cares what they prefer? Wear make-up for you. But no, to answer your question-you don't need to. I didn't start wearing it until I was 18 tbh! But if you do decide then tinted moisturiser is great to start out with! And with eyeliner it takes practice but you will get better! But don't think you have to be amazing at it. Make-up should be fun and anyone who takes it really seriously and makes a big deal out of someone's make-up not being 'perfect' needs to get a grip.
Who cares what they prefer? Wear make-up for you. But no, to answer your question-you don't need to. I didn't start wearing it until I was 18 tbh! But if you do decide then tinted moisturiser is great to start out with! And with eyeliner it takes practice but you will get better! But don't think you have to be amazing at it. Make-up should be fun and anyone who takes it really seriously and makes a big deal out of someone's make-up not being 'perfect' needs to get a grip.

Also, eyelash curlers are a must! I have naturally long eyelashes but they really help
Girl make up is not necessary and could end up ruining your skin. But if you want to wear it do it because you want and not because your friends wear it.

Thanks you xx I honestly don’t want to wear it I just feel like the odd one out

I understand that feeling. I have hand-eye coordination issues so I struggle with some makeup. It's hard but you just need to try forget about it. If you focus on school now you'll come out with better grades and better general life skills. Make-up doesn't particularly matter and if you get bullied by your friends about it they're bad friends
I’m legit 15 and can’t do makeup and all my friends can and I feel left out. Is it important to wear makeup ?

It's in no way important to wear makeup.
You wear makeup becuase you enjoy it, its pretty and can help you feel more confident and happy. Also its just so fun to play around with and also on days you feel and look like ****, bam magic saviour.

So only wear makeup if you WANT to. So dont feel left out, its just a choice you make.
But if your intressted in it, look up yt videos (james charles / hindash / nikkietutorials / AllieGlines) have good videos for base. But never feel pressured to do something you dont wanna do. Key to makeup is confidence and if you feel uncomfortable, it looks off. Much like alot of other things.
I’m 17 and have never worn makeup!! It really doesn’t matter! You can wear it if you want to but if you don’t, don’t panic! It’s all down to personal preference, if you want to learn you can via YouTube etc but only wear it if you want to. Don’t just wear it because you feel you have to! You’re gorgeous with or without makeup xx
Original post by babushkac4
It's in no way important to wear makeup.
You wear makeup becuase you enjoy it, its pretty and can help you feel more confident and happy. Also its just so fun to play around with and also on days you feel and look like ****, bam magic saviour.

So only wear makeup if you WANT to. So dont feel left out, its just a choice you make.
But if your intressted in it, look up yt videos (james charles / hindash / nikkietutorials / AllieGlines) have good videos for base. But never feel pressured to do something you dont wanna do. Key to makeup is confidence and if you feel uncomfortable, it looks off. Much like alot of other things.

I don’t really want to but the amount of girls that wear it and look good makes me think I HAVE to wear to get to their level of beauty
I don’t really want to but the amount of girls that wear it and look good makes me think I HAVE to wear to get to their level of beauty

Dw, you dont have to wear makeup.
And try not to feel pressured beacuses theres millions of girls who dont wear makeup and are still popular and are living happy lives.

I wear a full face of makeup and my friends barely even wear makeup. So I kinda get you in the opposite way, cos I feel like im wearing/doing to much, but this is what makes me happy and i am comfortable with. And if your happier without it NEVER EVER let anyone pressure you to wear it !!

Sis you is a makeup free queen, who should do whatever she wants
Original post by pepsimaxcherry
I’m 17 and have never worn makeup!! It really doesn’t matter! You can wear it if you want to but if you don’t, don’t panic! It’s all down to personal preference, if you want to learn you can via YouTube etc but only wear it if you want to. Don’t just wear it because you feel you have to! You’re gorgeous with or without makeup xx

Thank youuu xx
Original post by babushkac4
Dw, you dont have to wear makeup.
And try not to feel pressured beacuses theres millions of girls who dont wear makeup and are still popular and are living happy lives.

I wear a full face of makeup and my friends barely even wear makeup. So I kinda get you in the opposite way, cos I feel like im wearing/doing to much, but this is what makes me happy and i am comfortable with. And if your happier without it NEVER EVER let anyone pressure you to wear it !!

Sis you is a makeup free queen, who should do whatever she wants

Oh my god thank you so much 🥰💕xxx
No not at all. It really don't matter if you do or not.
Original post by Lyndsey.95
No not at all. It really don't matter if you do or not.

I think I just felt pressured because nearly all my friends wear it and talk about makeup all the time

I understand you especially considering it's High School. I was kind of the same but my mother wouldn't let me wear it anyway so it was a moot point. If you don't want to wear it, don't wear it :smile: be you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending