The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm applying for BSc Physiotherapy 2021; it's a popular course so I expect there will be several of us. I'm starting my access course in Sept, and looking at studying OU SK299 alongside (I'm used to a hefty workload!)

My advice would be to try and get some physio work shadowing arranged for next year (or late this year if your local hospital can accommodate it) so you at least might have something work experience-related to talk about by the time the interviews come round, if not in time for the personal statement. That said, a lot of unis have said they're understanding if you've been unable to get any shadowing placements due to covid-19, as long as your statement shows that you have researched and understand the career and the NHS values.

I'm applying to Liverpool, UCLAN and Leeds Beckett - not sure yet about the other two options. I'm a fitness enthusiast so campus-based unis with good sporting facilities are where I'm looking lol. How about you?
Reply 2
Original post by maxiecatlea
I'm applying for BSc Physiotherapy 2021; it's a popular course so I expect there will be several of us. I'm starting my access course in Sept, and looking at studying OU SK299 alongside (I'm used to a hefty workload!)

My advice would be to try and get some physio work shadowing arranged for next year (or late this year if your local hospital can accommodate it) so you at least might have something work experience-related to talk about by the time the interviews come round, if not in time for the personal statement. That said, a lot of unis have said they're understanding if you've been unable to get any shadowing placements due to covid-19, as long as your statement shows that you have researched and understand the career and the NHS values.

I'm applying to Liverpool, UCLAN and Leeds Beckett - not sure yet about the other two options. I'm a fitness enthusiast so campus-based unis with good sporting facilities are where I'm looking lol. How about you?

I'm thinking about Birmingham, Leicester, Bradford and a couple others.
I'm going straight from sixth form
Hi everyone,

I am a newly qualified physiotherapist from the university of birmingham but have a number of contacts in other universities and know about their courses.

I would love to help mentor/give advice to as many potential physiotherapy students as possible. If you are interested in doing physiotherapy at university and need help preparing your personal statement and for interviews, drop me a message and I will get back to you!
Original post by PhysioHughesy
Hi everyone,

I am a newly qualified physiotherapist from the university of birmingham but have a number of contacts in other universities and know about their courses.

I would love to help mentor/give advice to as many potential physiotherapy students as possible. If you are interested in doing physiotherapy at university and need help preparing your personal statement and for interviews, drop me a message and I will get back to you!

Just sent you a message. this would be incredibly helpful!
Hey friends!

I'll be applying for BSc Physiotherapy Sep 21 too - mostly looking at the London based universities at the moment. Looking forward to chatting about applications etc. @maxiecatlea I'm doing an access course too!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Hi, I'm applying for BSc 2021 as well! Thinking of Southampton, Cardiff, Nottingham, Bournemouth or UEA. I'm a bit stuck with my personal statement currently because my 2 work shadow placements were cancelled for covid, trying to focus on wider reading and online courses for now until they start giving out work experience again
Original post by eroper
Hi, I'm applying for BSc 2021 as well! Thinking of Southampton, Cardiff, Nottingham, Bournemouth or UEA. I'm a bit stuck with my personal statement currently because my 2 work shadow placements were cancelled for covid, trying to focus on wider reading and online courses for now until they start giving out work experience again

Feel free to drop me a message, I might be able to help with your personal statement and point you in the direction of some good resources to read and courses to attend.
Reply 8
Hi guys!

I'm a mature learner starting my access course in September too! Really worried writing my personal statement as like many others I've not been able to find any shadow experience due to the virus.
Hey Everyone!

I'm applying for BSc Physiotherapy for 2021 entry too! Going to be starting my Access to HE course in September. Work experience wise it's been tough due to the virus, but hoping to find something. If anyone knows of any online work experience resources or courses then please let me know!

Stay safe x
Reply 10
Original post by navjotkaurjohal
Hey Everyone!

I'm applying for BSc Physiotherapy for 2021 entry too! Going to be starting my Access to HE course in September. Work experience wise it's been tough due to the virus, but hoping to find something. If anyone knows of any online work experience resources or courses then please let me know!

Stay safe x

Hi!

Not sure whether you saw my above comment but I'm really struggling with work experience as well, however one resource I have found is the website https://www.clinicalphysio.com/ - they have free weekly webinars (there are other webinars but you have to pay for these which I'm not in a position to do) as well as loads of videos surrounding physio, which I'm sure will be helpful when writing personal statements as well as preparing for the bsc course! Another resource I found is the website https://www.physio-pedia.com/ which has a few online courses, I especially enjoyed the one relating to the role of physios during covid.

Hope this helps! Where are you thinking of applying?
Hi everyone,

hi I would be really interested in some advice!
I'm applying for physiotherapy next September 2021 :smile: im hoping to apply for Winchester, Southampton and Chichester at the moment!
im trying to get started on my personal statement now!
Original post by eroper
Hi!

Not sure whether you saw my above comment but I'm really struggling with work experience as well, however one resource I have found is the website https://www.clinicalphysio.com/ - they have free weekly webinars (there are other webinars but you have to pay for these which I'm not in a position to do) as well as loads of videos surrounding physio, which I'm sure will be helpful when writing personal statements as well as preparing for the bsc course! Another resource I found is the website https://www.physio-pedia.com/ which has a few online courses, I especially enjoyed the one relating to the role of physios during covid.

Hope this helps! Where are you thinking of applying?

Thank you for the help! I'll definitely check these out. Work experience is what I'm worried about the most as the only work experience I have which is directly linked to physiotherapy is a 2-day shadowing experience at a local hospital. I do have other NHS related experience from the past (such as shadowing a doctor for a week) but I'm afraid that's not enough!

I'm planning on applying to Liverpool, Nottingham, and Manchester Met (unsure of the other two options yet), with Liverpool being my top choice :smile:
Original post by Export kid
Is anyone else planning on applying?
All i ever seem to see on here is people applying for the MSc course.

Where are you thinking of and what are you doing about personal statements etc?

I’m applying to Southampton Leicester Essex Hertfordshire and Brunel. Luckily I did my work experience last year, so I’ve nearly finished it I’ve got a paragraph left or so
Thank you for the help! I'll definitely check these out. Work experience is what I'm worried about the most as the only work experience I have which is directly linked to physiotherapy is a 2-day shadowing experience at a local hospital. I do have other NHS related experience from the past (such as shadowing a doctor for a week) but I'm afraid that's not enough!

I'm planning on applying to Liverpool, Nottingham, and Manchester Met (unsure of the other two options yet), with Liverpool being my top choice :smile:

I’m sure they’ll take into account how work experience was pretty impossible this year hopefully.
Reply 16
Hi everyone,

Hi, I'm an international student from Hong Kong who also want to study physiotherapy in uk in 2021 . Can I get your help?

Heya! Nottingham have said directly that they're not expecting applicants to have much work experience this year due to the situation, so you should be fine with them, and I believe Liverpool is interested in seeing more what you have learned about the career rather than a need for direct work experience, e.g. talking to physios, researching, showing how your skills line up with the core values, etc.

Liverpool is my top choice I think as well. Best of luck to you with your application!
Original post by maxiecatlea
Heya! Nottingham have said directly that they're not expecting applicants to have much work experience this year due to the situation, so you should be fine with them, and I believe Liverpool is interested in seeing more what you have learned about the career rather than a need for direct work experience, e.g. talking to physios, researching, showing how your skills line up with the core values, etc.

Liverpool is my top choice I think as well. Best of luck to you with your application!

Ah, thank you!

I'm currently just looking for as many online resources etc I can find.

Have you started your personal statement? Do you have any tips for it?

Good luck with yours too!
Original post by hattie021098
I'm applying for physiotherapy next September 2021 :smile: im hoping to apply for Winchester, Southampton and Chichester at the moment!
im trying to get started on my personal statement now!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! We are more than happy to put you in contact with the Physiotherapy course leaders if you'd like to talk to them directly :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending