The Student Room Group

Is Magic Models a new and good agency?

Hi, I just got accepted with Magic models is an online agency and they said they will pay for my portfolio to Studio 10. I did the free test shoot and the pictures are very very good. But they said to bring more clothes to do the portfolio and I only have to pay copyright for the studio for GBP 95. They also said I will receive all the pictures which is around 50 pics. I am happy that the normal price is GBP400, but the Magic Models company said I do not have top pay that because he like my look. My friends all saying to be careful, so I just wanted to see if anyone has the same experience like me. I don't mind paying this money because the photographer lady is very good and i felt really comfortable. But I am just wanting to be careful because I am new to London. The agency did not promise any jobs and said maybe I can make some extra money.Thank you for your time students and good luck for exams!

Scroll to see replies

It's a complete scam! Don't give any money for any modelling agency for any kind of portfolio work, this should be completely free! Normally you can just send the model photos to their website or you can go in for a one to one drop in, but they'll never expect you to pay anything! So don't give them any money because it's a scam.

"Models do need portfolios but when an agency is really interested in a girl and thinks she can make it as a model they will not ask for any money to help build it." By liveabout.com
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Pretty much all "Model Agencies" either scams or prostitution and/or human trafficking fronts.
Hi there , was through NC models going to a place near Baker Street in London as I’ve just been asked to come down and have a chat with themBut not sure if it’s legit
Reply 4
Original post by Galdiowolf
It's a complete scam! Don't give any money for any modelling agency for any kind of portfolio work, this should be completely free! Normally you can just send the model photos to their website or you can go in for a one to one drop in, but they'll never expect you to pay anything! So don't give them any money because it's a scam.

"Models do need portfolios but when an agency is really interested in a girl and thinks she can make it as a model they will not ask for any money to help build it." By liveabout.com

Thank you for your reply. I don't think you understand. The agency Magic Models company did not charge me anything to be paying! They said they will invest for me and I only paying the copyrights for my pictures. ( my Uncle is photographer in Spain as well and he said it is very good portfolio and deal ) They also only recommend me and never force me to do shooting. My friend also applied from Italy and he has few experience and good photo-book like portfolio from Italy and Magic Models registered him for free!

I went for my first casting today from Magic Models to Brixton Academy for a Spanish Model Casting - cannot say name and I hope I get it!! I will post here if I get. Oh! I forgot to say, that the agency actually take 25% commission from my job. I think that is a bit too much hahahahah!
Reply 5
Original post by Dobbylee94
Hi there , was through NC models going to a place near Baker Street in London as I’ve just been asked to come down and have a chat with themBut not sure if it’s legit

I was send as well to the Baker Street office...but it is not office but Studio 10. They have already said that this is a online agency and we sending you to Studio 10 for the test photos or to submit the portfolio. Me and my friend went but with Magic Models. I don';t know NC models, but please do not pay anything to register! But of course if you want photos. you have to pay photographers people.
Reply 6
Original post by Lee1821
I was send as well to the Baker Street office...but it is not office but Studio 10. They have already said that this is a online agency and we sending you to Studio 10 for the test photos or to submit the portfolio. Me and my friend went but with Magic Models. I don';t know NC models, but please do not pay anything to register! But of course if you want photos. you have to pay photographers people.

Hey check my reply please, after this...

"Thanks for joining in the conversation.

Your message is just being checked by a member of our moderation team.

Once it's approved, your reply will be visible to everyone on this discussion."
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Lee1821
Thank you for your reply. I don't think you understand. The agency Magic Models company did not charge me anything to be paying! They said they will invest for me and I only paying the copyrights for my pictures. ( my Uncle is photographer in Spain as well and he said it is very good portfolio and deal ) They also only recommend me and never force me to do shooting. My friend also applied from Italy and he has few experience and good photo-book like portfolio from Italy and Magic Models registered him for free!

I went for my first casting today from Magic Models to Brixton Academy for a Spanish Model Casting - cannot say name and I hope I get it!! I will post here if I get. Oh! I forgot to say, that the agency actually take 25% commission from my job. I think that is a bit too much hahahahah!

I got the job! ;-) The team was really great! Will update more details when I can. Also my friend who had his own portfolio went for his first casting yesterday for Marks N Spencer's! But no news yet. $$$$ - Due to Covid-19, this money helps me a lot! ;-)
Reply 9
Hello, I in the same situation as having to pay the costs?
Reply 10
Original post by Lmb5
Hello, I in the same situation as having to pay the costs?

You don't have to pay anything to be a model.
Hello

I just got a message from Magic Models London saying to book a free appoinment & test shoot. But I am not sure whether it’s a scam or no. I would be happy if you could help me with some reviews. Thanks 🙂
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by delianais
Hello

I just got a message from Magic Models London saying to book a free appoinment & test shoot. But I am not sure whether it’s a scam or no. I would be happy if you could help me with some reviews. Thanks 🙂

Are you with any of the following?

https://www.models1.co.uk/apply/

https://www.premiermodelmanagement.com/become/

https://www.stormmanagement.com/become-a-model/

https://apply.selectmodel.com/

All four are top modelling agencies, established for a long time and have great reputations.

When the people who run them are interviewed, one thing they say is that they never, ever ask for money from models. Because they have been in the industry for a long time, they look at a potential candidate and they know immediately whether he/she has 'the look' and they know that the model is going to earn a lot of money for the agency. Good agencies never ask for money.

They take their own photos in the agency, they don't need models to arrive with 'portfolios'.
(edited 3 years ago)
Hello,

No, it’s none of the ones you’ve sent. The agency that contacted me is called “Magic Models London”

I do not know anything about this agency - so anyone who has info about this agency, please leave a comment here. Xx
Reply 14
Hello,

No, it’s none of the ones you’ve sent. The agency that contacted me is called “Magic Models London”

I do not know anything about this agency - so anyone who has info about this agency, please leave a comment here. Xx

I know.

The ones i have given a link to are probably the 4 top modelling agencies in London.

They are the agencies who represent the models you see on the catwalk and in magazines like Vogue.

There are also places in London which say that they are modelling agencies, but what they do is ask people to have photographs taken by them and they then ask for large sums of money for having taken the photos.

It depends really on whether you have a serious interest in modelling or just want some photographs of yourself.
Reply 15
Hello

My cousin and I join them and I got the job! ;-) ....see me earlier post! My cousin went for the new casting and still waiting!
Hey guys!

I just want to say that I have been there 3 weeks ago and registered with my portfolio that I made in Studio 10. So far I have been to 3 castings and got one job that paid me £450 for a Bridal shoot. It was great fun and it was my first time! I'm looking forward to more!
And I am also now registered with two more agencies with my portfolio!
wish me luck and you guys too. Of course!
Reply 17
Original post by Adeola:)
Hey guys!

I just want to say that I have been there 3 weeks ago and registered with my portfolio that I made in Studio 10. So far I have been to 3 castings and got one job that paid me £450 for a Bridal shoot. It was great fun and it was my first time! I'm looking forward to more!
And I am also now registered with two more agencies with my portfolio!
wish me luck and you guys too. Of course!

Hi Adeola!
Nice to meet you and me too with the agency. Are you going for the Zara casting as well?? Maybe we meet there ;-)
Ciao!! ;-) I did not get the bridal job ;-( But i got the job for the Brixton Academy Spanish Casting online catalog! ) But I want the Zara job! hahaha .....just to know quicklu...how long have you must wait to get the money? I waited for 2 weeks! I receive my money last week for 350! ( i think Magic Models take 20 % commission!
(edited 3 years ago)
Hello I was also contacted by Magic Models to go to studio 10 to do some shoot.
Do they charge you for this after the session? They said they don't but I'm aware that scammers usually ask for money afterwards.
Do they guarantee you any jobs? Or what do they do exactly? Only take your pictures? Thanks
Hi! I was too contacted by magic Models to go to studio 10 in baker street for the test shot. Me too want to know if it is a good agency or if they want just your money. Thank you!
(edited 3 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending