The Student Room Group

face masks

Wore one today going into the local shop. Nasty experience, horrible experience and couldn't even breath

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you cannot breathe in a facemask, I suggest you call your GP.
well i obviously could but it steamed up my glasses and it felt nasty
Reply 3
Original post by thestudent345
well i obviously could but it steamed up my glasses and it felt nasty

Its not meant to be the greatest experience of your life. But fogged up glasses are much better than catching Covid.
What has been said already, or alternatively you're using an overengineered mask or an otherwise poor choice of face mask.

Rushing around while wearing some FFP rated masks can be a somewhat restricting experience, but you shouldn't have a problem with a surgical mask or using a knitted scarf as a face covering. It's warm at the moment which makes things a little more difficult, but not to the levels that you're talking about if you have a sensible face covering.
Reply 5
Wore one today going into the local shop. Nasty experience, horrible experience and couldn't even breath

estimates are that currently 1 in 3900 people have coronavirus

I think mandatory face mask wearing in shops [at this point] isn't going to do a whole lot of good
It's not when your not even going to catch covid. Im 27 so won't even get it
Reply 7

How do you know you won't get it though? It's also to prevent spread to other people around you.
Reply 8

27 year olds can catch it

you are misinformed!

As I do not want to pay a fine, I've also been forced to wear one, but the feeling of not being alone does help. Though I still dislike wearing one, but it is something you and I will just have to deal with, as there is no other alternative.
Reply 10

Young people get it, they are just asymptomatic. You could also have an underlying medical condition you didnt know you had, which could end you up in the hospital. You should also wear it so that you dont spread it to the elderly or the immunocompromised.
Original post by ANM775
estimates are that currently 1 in 3900 people have coronavirus

I think mandatory face mask wearing in shops [at this point] isn't going to do a whole lot of good

It's setting up for a second wave bud. And yes, face masks would have been very useful 4 months ago but remember the huge PPE struggle? Better get used to the new normal now before people start dropping again.
Original post by Pathway
How do you know you won't get it though? It's also to prevent spread to other people around you.

mate I don't know anyone who has had it or will get it. Its a stupid rule. I saw my friends today and yes we didn't really socially distance. Im following the rules if I have to in public but not in public i couldn't give a **** about it really
mate I don't know anyone who has had it or will get it. Its a stupid rule. I saw my friends today and yes we didn't really socially distance. Im following the rules if I have to in public but not in public i couldn't give a **** about it really

You may not think you know anyone with it, but you may come into contact with someone who has it. It's for your protection just as much as everyone else's. What about the vulnerable people you know? Or the elderly people you know? What happens if you or someone you care for has an underlying condition you/they don't know about and they end up severely ill with it or they die?
Original post by Pathway
You may not think you know anyone with it, but you may come into contact with someone who has it. It's for your protection just as much as everyone else's. What about the vulnerable people you know? Or the elderly people you know? What happens if you or someone you care for has an underlying condition you/they don't know about and they end up severely ill with it or they die?

With people I don't know I am keeping socially distancing. With my 2 friends today that I saw we didn't really keep socially distanced, we didn't hug or anything just sat, had a takeaway but I don't think we sat 1-2 meters apart from each other
With people I don't know I am keeping socially distancing. With my 2 friends today that I saw we didn't really keep socially distanced, we didn't hug or anything just sat, had a takeaway but I don't think we sat 1-2 meters apart from each other

Well that's good, but yeah, if you're genuinely struggling to breathe with a mask, then speak to your doctor. There are also hacks you can do to prevent your glasses fogging up, Google them.
I just want this to be over to be honest
I just want this to be over to be honest

Of course, doesn't everyone?
Original post by Pathway

Amazin! Look how everyone is presumed sick.
Original post by Blue Rookie
As I do not want to pay a fine, I've also been forced to wear one, but the feeling of not being alone does help. Though I still dislike wearing one, but it is something you and I will just have to deal with, as there is no other alternative.

Quite like the People's Republic of China

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending