The Student Room Group

what is a typical timetable for Uni like?

Just curious, do you get more free time in Uni then you do at college?
Greatly depends on the subject and university. How much free time do you get at college is also a factor :tongue:
We had large gaps in each year-sometimes 3-4 hours and sometimes we wouldn't have to go in until 5pm and that was for a 1 hour lecture. In third year, we had Fridays off.
what degree do you want to do?
Reply 4
Original post by nightedworld
what degree do you want to do?

I am doing software enginnering
Original post by Anonymous

As others have said, it depends greatly on your course and the number of contact hours you have. It will also depend on how much time you spend studying and working on assignments. I would say you probably will have more free time at uni.
Let us know if you have any other questions
Sophie
I am doing software enginnering

i believe there is a lot of contact hours for computer science/software engineering degrees

if you go onto this website, you can view students timetables for those degrees, it will give you a rough idea:

https://www.firstyearmatters.info/cs/timetables.html

if does differ between unis aswell

Hey! :smile:

Timetables are highly subjective and differ between university and course, and it depends on how much free time you had at college. I studied International Relations and Politics at university and I definitely had more free time than at sixth form, but again this is very subjective.

Most universities will state the average contact hours for each course on their website, so could be a good place to have a look :smile:

Hope this helps! :smile:

Courtney -- Official Student Rep :smile:
day 1 = party
day 2 = 2 hour lecturs and then spend the rest of the day drunk
day 3 = tutorial and then go sleep
day 4 = 2 hours lecture but we are missing that anyway
last day = study 24 hours til you finish all of the work

have fun!
What university are you going to?

Hi,

As everyone has said this will depend on your chosen course and university. I did Law and in first year I was only in for 12 hours a week (3 days) so I definitely had more time in uni then sixth form.

Zaira :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending