The Student Room Group

International students

I have been given an offer at derby . I have already applied for student finance which has been granted .I have a full refugee status indefinitely . Does anyone know why im being classed as an international student and being asked to pay 3000 deposit
Original post by homesweethome
I have been given an offer at derby . I have already applied for student finance which has been granted .I have a full refugee status indefinitely . Does anyone know why im being classed as an international student and being asked to pay 3000 deposit

You will need to ask Derby about that as they made the decision. There are PLENTY of other places available in clearing.
Original post by 999tigger
You will need to ask Derby about that as they made the decision. There are PLENTY of other places available in clearing.

Thanks will do that tomorrow ,just thought mayb sumone has been thru this as well .
Thanks will do that tomorrow ,just thought mayb sumone has been thru this as well .

I cant tell you until I know why they decided what they did. Unis are known to get it wrong. Post back when they explain the reasoning behind their decision.
I cant tell you until I know why they decided what they did. Unis are known to get it wrong. Post back when they explain the reasoning behind their decision.

Will surely do ,coz they have got it wrong ,anyway thanks for your time
Some uni would require you to join the citizenship or having the indefinite leave to remain. Better ask them to classify the 2nd type to see if it includes refugee status.
Original post by alicexiyuki
Some uni would require you to join the citizenship or having the indefinite leave to remain. Better ask them to classify the 2nd type to see if it includes refugee status.

Ok thanks for the info

When did you start living in the UK as your home?
When did you start living in the UK as your home?

January
1994 and never bern out
January
1994 and never bern out

Ok thought I found a reason, but doesnt apply.
Just ask them so I can understand their decision.

Is there a reason why you chose Derby? There are a lot better.
(edited 3 years ago)
Got declined for DMU in all 3 choices
Went thru clearing and they gave me an offer plus it close for me too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending