The Student Room Group

help?!red light

I was at roundabout with traffic lights they turned red and I stopped I then proceeded through but a car round the roundabout and beeped I looked in rear view mirror the car behind hadn't moved I am now worried that I went through a red light when I could have sworn it turned green or I wouldn't have gone and now im worried it was actually red, I couldn't see any cameras but am worried ill get points on my licence I have nearly been driving 2 years and have a clean licence and never done anything like this before? just really don't want to loose my licence
(edited 3 years ago)
If you don't know if it was a red light or not there's no way any of us will? :confused:
Well at best it takes you halfway to losing your licence since you're less than 2 years driving and if you tried to deny it it could end in a ban.
Reply 3
Original post by nat2607
I was at roundabout with traffic lights they turned red and I stopped I then proceeded through but a car round the roundabout and beeped I looked in rear view mirror the car behind hadn't moved I am now worried that I went through a red light when I could have sworn it turned green or I wouldn't have gone and now im worried it was actually red, I couldn't see any cameras but am worried ill get points on my licence I have nearly been driving 2 years and have a clean licence and never done anything like this before? just really don't want to loose my licence

Um... they turned red and you stopped then proceeded through? That's not how red lights work.
Reply 4
Original post by IWMTom
Um... they turned red and you stopped then proceeded through? That's not how red lights work.

I thought they had turned green but now im not sure
(Would it save time if I just say the light was red? blink twice for yes)
Reply 6
Original post by StriderHort
(Would it save time if I just say the light was red? blink twice for yes)

👀😑👀😑
Most likely didn't have a camera, so you'll be fine.
Original post by nat2607

Have a look on google streetview for cameras or camera signage. If it's reasonably nearby you could always... go back there for a look if it's stressing you.
Original post by Admit-One
Have a look on google streetview for cameras or camera signage. If it's reasonably nearby you could always... go back there for a look if it's stressing you.

They could go back and see for sure what colour the light is :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending