The Student Room Group

Having cancer AMA

So as the title suggests I have cancer. To be specific lung cancer because I suffered with pneumonia 6 years ago. So ask me anything I'll try to answer your questions and yeah. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Have you gone through chemotherapy? Do your bullies know about the cancer?
Reply 2
First off I am sorry, I hope you recover!When u were told u had cancer, how did u react ?
Original post by Angelic Roar
Have you gone through chemotherapy? Do your bullies know about the cancer?

Well Chemo doesn't work. It's not effective on me unfortunately. And the bullies didn't know until last year at uni when I had to carry an oxygen tank around with me everywhere and I had nibs in my nose so they knew after a few years. But the bullies wouldn't bully me about that cos they knew it was a bad idea. Idek tbh
wishing you the best! <3
Original post by Arrnab
First off I am sorry, I hope you recover!When u were told u had cancer, how did u react ?

Nah ur good it's fine dw. And ty but it's not likely I'll recover because chemo isn't effective so I have to take pills and stuff. When I was told I think I passed out or something cos I was on a bed and I just sat there crying knowing I wasn't allowed to play sports and had to go easy on running
Original post by mpaprika
wishing you the best! <3

Thank you >.<
Original post by XAestheticVibezX
So as the title suggests I have cancer. To be specific lung cancer because I suffered with pneumonia 6 years ago. So ask me anything I'll try to answer your questions and yeah. :smile:

Very sorry for this. I hope you get well soon.

Here goes:

1. How have you been?
2. What do you do with your day?
3. How has lockdown treated you?
I hope you get well soon! And hopefully the bullies don't give you too much of a hard time:hugs:
How have you been during lockdown?
You were told you developed lung cancer from a bout of pneumonia?
Original post by Wired_1800
Very sorry for this. I hope you get well soon.

Here goes:

1. How have you been?
2. What do you do with your day?
3. How has lockdown treated you?

Thank you but it couldn't be stopped.

1) Not very good. I mean I was really depressed for 4 years after I was told and I just wanted to die. But as the years went by I got more used to it.
2) So I have breakfast, work from home now, have my routine meds which means most of my day is napping and just lazing around waiting for the meds to kick in. Then I sleep with this oxygen machine that controls my breathing when I'm asleep.
3) Lockdown sucks because I'm not allowed out AT ALL. If I do I'm 200% more vulnerable to getting COVID and more likely to die. so life sucks but I guess you just have to get through it
Original post by Anonymous
You were told you developed lung cancer from a bout of pneumonia?

Yeah. I had a severe case of pneumonia and after that I was told my cells multiplied and I had cancer. If you don't believe me you can just google it :u:
How does one develop lung cancer from pneumonia? Because me and my sister both had pneumonia half a year ago so i am a bit worried now...
Original post by KelsieTaylor
I hope you get well soon! And hopefully the bullies don't give you too much of a hard time:hugs:
How have you been during lockdown?

Aw thank you. Lockdown has been tough on me but I'm getting there
How does one develop lung cancer from pneumonia? Because me and my sister both had pneumonia half a year ago so i am a bit worried now...

Well don't worry. Unless it was a really bad case then I don't know. But from birth I had a pretty weak system and whenever I got a cold or flu it would be 10 times worse than the average flu or cold.
Aw thank you. Lockdown has been tough on me but I'm getting there

That's good to hear:smile:
Yeah. I had a severe case of pneumonia and after that I was told my cells multiplied and I had cancer. If you don't believe me you can just google it :u:

I did. What am I supposed to be finding?
yh u can get cancer unless u have a weak internal system. My sister's a doctor and some 12 year old got cancer because of pneumonia so u hve to be careful
Well Chemo doesn't work. It's not effective on me unfortunately. And the bullies didn't know until last year at uni when I had to carry an oxygen tank around with me everywhere and I had nibs in my nose so they knew after a few years. But the bullies wouldn't bully me about that cos they knew it was a bad idea. Idek tbh

wow bullying doesn’t stop at any age as it seems. sorry you’re going through all this, I promise it gets better
I did. What am I supposed to be finding?

Wait I'll just send you a link
https://www.blf.org.uk/support-for-you/lung-cancer/symptoms

Quick Reply

Latest