The Student Room Group

IGCSE English as a first language (Oral Endorsement)??

Hi,

I'm an international student planning to apply for 2021 entry as an undergrad. The English language requirements are that I get a certain grade for IELTS, which I was planning to take but couldn't due to the coronavirus. The alternative requirement is to get a C in IGCSE English as a first language (0500), provided that speaking and listening is separately endorsed on the certificate. I got an A* for the IGCSE but it says Oral Endorsement instead of speaking and listening.. is that accepted?

Thanks!
Original post by thevisionary
Hi,

I'm an international student planning to apply for 2021 entry as an undergrad. The English language requirements are that I get a certain grade for IELTS, which I was planning to take but couldn't due to the coronavirus. The alternative requirement is to get a C in IGCSE English as a first language (0500), provided that speaking and listening is separately endorsed on the certificate. I got an A* for the IGCSE but it says Oral Endorsement instead of speaking and listening.. is that accepted?

Thanks!

Hi! I was in the same situation as you - have you taken the English Speaking and Listening components for the 0500? If you have, then it shouldn’t be a problem.

If you didn’t do speaking and listening, then you’ll have to do the IELTS (I did as well). But if you can’t do it then they’ve come up with an alternative called IELTS Indicator wherein you can take the ielts online; check if your university and course would accept that instead.
I don't think I took listening although I did do the speaking component, and the IELTS indicator isn't available in my country :frown:. Oh well, guess I have to settle for Duolingo or something like it.

Thank you so much for your help though !

Original post by qwert7890
Hi! I was in the same situation as you - have you taken the English Speaking and Listening components for the 0500? If you have, then it shouldn’t be a problem.

If you didn’t do speaking and listening, then you’ll have to do the IELTS (I did as well). But if you can’t do it then they’ve come up with an alternative called IELTS Indicator wherein you can take the ielts online; check if your university and course would accept that instead.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending