The Student Room Group

Too early to meet my family?

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for almost 6 months now and I want him to meet my siblings. He does not seem keen on the idea however, should this be a red flag? I mean I’m not asking to meet his family (that would be pushing it I think I would prefer him
To suggest that) what’s the big deal in Just meeting the siblings ?
Original post by Tiff_94
Me and my boyfriend have been dating for almost 6 months now and I want him to meet my siblings. He does not seem keen on the idea however, should this be a red flag? I mean I’m not asking to meet his family (that would be pushing it I think I would prefer him
To suggest that) what’s the big deal in Just meeting the siblings ?

i don’t think you should see it as a red flag just yet because You’ve only been dating for 6 months. Maybe you should ask him when he would feel more comfortable to meet them, maybe he’s just anxious about the idea.
Meeting family is a big thing for some people. I for one get nervous around even my friends families! It might just be stress and anxiety about the situation rather than a red flag! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Shaniesa33
i don’t think you should see it as a red flag just yet because You’ve only been dating for 6 months. Maybe you should ask him when he would feel more comfortable to meet them, maybe he’s just anxious about the idea.

I will try this and ask him when he would feel
more comfortable, thank you!
Reply 4
Original post by pepsimaxcherry
Meeting family is a big thing for some people. I for one get nervous around even my friends families! It might just be stress and anxiety about the situation rather than a red flag! :smile:

I hope your right thank you , I can definitely understand that I think I would be nervous meeting his family too. I’ll just see how it goes and try not overthink it
Original post by Tiff_94
I will try this and ask him when he would feel
more comfortable, thank you!

No worries hun hope this helped good luck xx
I do think it’s kinda a red flag that he doesn’t want to meet your parents because that’s shows it’s super serious. However, I was the same I used to get anxiety about telling my parents about my bf and I was worried about how they would react and I have always been a private person so I didn’t bring guys home in the past because they weren’t long term nor was I in love with them. But with my bf now, they know but I prefer being at his where I am more comfortable maybe ask why he doesn’t want to or if u could meet his parents.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending