The Student Room Group

Why do I get almost no matches on Tinder?

I've been using Tinder for about 2 weeks because i'd like to find a girlfriend.

I'm 24 and i'd say I look quite good in my photos. I've got 4 photos and a bio set. I'm white, tall, good hair, slim/muscular build, well - dressed and nothing wrong with my face, and I mention my job which is quite good. In the 2 weeks that i've been on Tinder i've probably swiped yes on about 300 women, however i've only had about 6 matches, and no offence but they are not someone I could date (piercings/tattoos/very overweight). I did have 2 reasonably attractive matches but they never responded to my message. I've even tried changing my city on the app to see if that made a difference.

Has anyone else had an experience like this on Tinder?

I'm starting to think girls only swipe right on those tanned 35 year old looking guys with stubble.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Tinder is awful if you’re Male you’ll hardly ever get matches as the girls only swipe on the hottest men
Similar to what anon said girls are extremely extremely picky on there
Tinder is awful. I always get bullied on there.

Although I know if you swipe too much it doesn’t show your profile as often.
Most girls on tinder want a one night stand and are extremely fussy about it.
Use OkCupid
I'm a girl and I'm extremely picky on Tinder, probably only swipe right on 4 or 5 guys when I'm on there
Also, may I ask why you swiped right on women you have no intention of dating, and obviously don't find attractive?
Original post by wastedcuriosity
I'm a girl and I'm extremely picky on Tinder, probably only swipe right on 4 or 5 guys when I'm on there
Also, may I ask why you swiped right on women you have no intention of dating, and obviously don't find attractive?

Confirmed that women are picky
Yeah sadly my dude 90% of women on there want a one night stand.
I’ll try a real dating app:
Bumble
OkCupid
POF
all them are free
Original post by Kimdotta

I'm 24 and i'd say I look quite good in my photos. I've got 4 photos and a bio set. I'm white, tall, good hair, slim/muscular build, well - dressed and nothing wrong with my face, and I mention my job which is quite good. In the 2 weeks that i've been on Tinder i've probably swiped yes on about 300 women, however i've only had about 6 matches, and no offence but they are not someone I could date (piercings/tattoos/very overweight). I did have 2 reasonably attractive matches but they never responded to my message. I've even tried changing my city on the app to see if that made a difference.

I'm starting to think girls only swipe right on those tanned 35 year old looking guys with stubble.

Yep. 6 matches out of 300 swipes is an incredibly good ratio though (even if only 2 of them were 'reasonably attractive'). I've swiped right on over 50,000 women (out of 100,000 or so) and didn't get any matches at all over a 1-year period, with the exception of a couple of women here and there who were all scammers or bots. It didn't even show that anyone had liked my profile. Same story with Bumble, Hinge, Happn, OKCupid and others.
Original post by Anonymous
Yep. 6 matches out of 300 swipes is an incredibly good ratio though (even if only 2 of them were 'reasonably attractive'). I've swiped right on over 50,000 women (out of 100,000 or so) and didn't get any matches at all over a 1-year period, with the exception of a couple of women here and there who were all scammers or bots. It didn't even show that anyone had liked my profile. Same story with Bumble, Hinge, Happn, OKCupid and others.

Assuming you’re Male?

If you’re female on a dating app, every Male you swipe on will be a match
Assuming you’re Male?

I dont match with every guy I swipe on.
I dont match with every guy I swipe on.

My friend always does. I’ve even created multiple female profiles to get stats, I’ve made Male for Male, Male for female, female for Male and female for female and a Shrek for all.
My stats showed that female for female get the most attention and 100% want sex within a hour of speaking. Then female to Male gets the most
Then Shrek to all. Then Male to Male then Male to female.

If you’re a male on a dating app you’re kinda screwed, I’ve actually got screenshots of my stats I made (it was part of my essay at uni)
My friend always does. I’ve even created multiple female profiles to get stats, I’ve made Male for Male, Male for female, female for Male and female for female and a Shrek for all.
My stats showed that female for female get the most attention and 100% want sex within a hour of speaking. Then female to Male gets the most
Then Shrek to all. Then Male to Male then Male to female.

If you’re a male on a dating app you’re kinda screwed, I’ve actually got screenshots of my stats I made (it was part of my essay at uni)

Oh I don't disagree that dating apps don't really work for guys
I guess women are just pickier than men when it comes to looks idk:dontknow:
Shouldnt be though, because the last few guys I've been interested in, I probably wouldn't have swiped on on Tinder based on looks alone
Oh I don't disagree that dating apps don't really work for guys
I guess women are just pickier than men when it comes to looks idk:dontknow:
Shouldnt be though, because the last few guys I've been interested in, I probably wouldn't have swiped on on Tinder based on looks alone

I believe that is 100% true for me looks don’t matter, if I find you sweet and you treat me correctly I start to develop feelings so personality has always been important.
For me on dating apps as you can’t really guess someone’s personality, I always like someone back who likes me and talk if they’re normal and not after a ONS and don’t give any abuse as quite a lot of females give guys abuse such as over size and weight on apps like tinder although on OkCupid they seem more down to earth.
However what I normally go for is someone with a bio and who says they’re looking for something real
Assuming you’re Male?

Yes, I'm male.
I believe that is 100% true for me looks don’t matter, if I find you sweet and you treat me correctly I start to develop feelings so personality has always been important.
For me on dating apps as you can’t really guess someone’s personality, I always like someone back who likes me and talk if they’re normal and not after a ONS and don’t give any abuse as quite a lot of females give guys abuse such as over size and weight on apps like tinder although on OkCupid they seem more down to earth.
However what I normally go for is someone with a bio and who says they’re looking for something real

Yeah, that's why I stopped using Tinder, as I've found what makes me attracted to someone is their personality, and as you said it's hard to guess someone's personality from a short bio and some pictures.
I probably missed out on some great people b/c I wasn't attracted to them at first glance haha. Sticking to meeting people in person now
Reply 16
Original post by Kimdotta

You're actually probably doing above average.

Here is a very interesting article complete with stats on how women use tinder:

https://highvaluedaygame.com/2019/10/02/women-show-us-how-they-use-tinder/

note the charts also:

https://highvaluedaygame.files.wordpress.com/2019/10/04-1-3.png?w=768&h=286
(edited 3 years ago)
Yeah, that's why I stopped using Tinder, as I've found what makes me attracted to someone is their personality, and as you said it's hard to guess someone's personality from a short bio and some pictures.
I probably missed out on some great people b/c I wasn't attracted to them at first glance haha. Sticking to meeting people in person now

Thats so true. Everyone who speaks to me more than 3 days or even goes on a date constantly says I’m so sweet but they say it constantly to me. Kinda as I couldn’t hurt a fly. I do anything to make someone happy and sadly I’ve been taken advantage off hence why I’m still single.
However I believe because my looks are like 1/10 people never give me a real chance to show I’m a nice person
Tinder isn’t the best place to find someone, try other dating apps or meet in real life 👍🏾
Reply 19
Never used tinder but I assume it’s for 8.5+’s/10 if you you know you don’t fit society’s standards of attractiveness then you’re better off trying your luck elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending