The Student Room Group

Weight gain

I’ve been trying to gain weight. I have a fast metabolism.
I’m managed to put on half a stone-so now I’m and a half I’m 5ft 11 and 17 nearly 18.
I’ve been drinking a lot of smoothies.
Do you have any tips or high calorie foods
*ive just gone on the injection and officially have an appetite haha*
Literally just eat more, the only reason someone is not gaining weight is bc they aren't eating enough. You can workout your TDEE and eat a few hundred kcals more than that.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
Literally just eat more, the only reason someone is not gaining weight is bc they aren't eating enough. You can workout your TDEE and eat a few hundred kcals more than that.

I mean that’s kind of the point of this post, aha. I’m eating more getting more calories in.
I was centering about foods or recipes especially for smoothies. Sorry
Reply 3
In terms of high calorie foods, it depends on what you like. 'Junk' food usually helps to acquire extra calories.
Original post by gtty123
In terms of high calorie foods, it depends on what you like. 'Junk' food usually helps to acquire extra calories.

Hmm yeah.
Any tips on how to make???
Reply 5
Original post by success4life
Hmm yeah.
Any tips on how to make???

How to make 'junk' food?
Original post by gtty123
How to make 'junk' food?

Yes-you can make junk food at home instead of buying it from store
Reply 7
Original post by success4life
Yes-you can make junk food at home instead of buying it from store

Find some high calorie recipes online. As I've stated, I can't tell you what I'd consume as we're completely different. Find something you like, and use Google to find the recipe.
One tip: If you like the taste, try adding peanut butter to your food - cheap and calorie dense. It goes really well in a smoothie or porridge.

Quick Reply

Latest