The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Iñigo de Loyola
Monarchy isn't dying off in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, the UK, Holland, Belgium or Spain...

No! It is dying in the countries you have mentioned and it is a relic.
Original post by Lucifer323

Have you got any evidence for that claim?
Reply 82

The last three Dutch monarchs abdicated.
The last two Belgian monarchs abdicated.
The last Spainish monarch abdicated and lives in self excile.
Hardly live and kicking.

Just have a look at the countries in Europe that Monarchy still exists.

The Monrchs have very limited or no power at all. It is just a matter of time until Monarchy is abolished there.

Europe has long been done with Monarchy regardless of the relics.

I like that you ask for evidence indiscriminantly for matters that can be easily verified and are not of any scientific nature..
Reply 84
Just have a look at the countries in Europe that Monarchy still exists.

The Monrchs have very limited or no power at all. It is just a matter of time until Monarchy is abolished there.

Europe has long been done with Monarchy regardless of the relics.

I like that you ask for evidence indiscriminantly for matters that can be easily verified and are not of any scientific nature..

Somewhat faulty to compare them to the British one..
And abolished where exactly? The various continental monarchs not having much in common with each other, some being popular and some not etc.
Original post by Napp
Somewhat faulty to compare them to the British one..
And abolished where exactly? The various continental monarchs not having much in common with each other, some being popular and some not etc.

I didn't say abolished now. But it's a matter of time until this outdated and ludicrous 'thing' will be abolished these countries.

Here in the UK matters are different due to childhood indoctrination... Many steps brought up to believe, just as on the case of religion, in an outdated and ludicrous political system such as the Monarchy.

As just said in my other thread the English Electorate is very immature. It's like Stone Age Politics...

The UK needs to become s proper democracy in the future. One step towards this direction is to abolish Monarchy. But thats only one step.

God save the Queen...

The whole argument is just laughable!!!

Appealing to a non existing entity to save an unelected head of state...
Reply 86
I didn't say abolished now. But it's a matter of time until this outdated and ludicrous 'thing' will be abolished these countries.

Here in the UK matters are different due to childhood indoctrination... Many steps brought up to believe, just as on the case of religion, in an outdated and ludicrous political system such as the Monarchy.

As just said in my other thread the English Electorate is very immature. It's like Stone Age Politics...

The UK needs to become s proper democracy in the future. One step towards this direction is to abolish Monarchy. But thats only one step.

God save the Queen...

The whole argument is just laughable!!!

Appealing to a non existing entity to save an unelected head of state...

Interesting, did you just admit to being "very immature" and following "stoneage politics"...?

I still don't get your unrelenting hatred for the monarchy, you have yet to give a single example of where the institution has negatively impacted you or the country. As opposed to being a delightful addition to the political sphere that a majority can support (unlike the parties).
The less said about on the risible comment of "proper democracy" the better though given there is no such thing.
Original post by Napp
Interesting, did you just admit to being "very immature" and following "stoneage politics"...?

I still don't get your unrelenting hatred for the monarchy, you have yet to give a single example of where the institution has negatively impacted you or the country. As opposed to being a delightful addition to the political sphere that a majority can support (unlike the parties).
The less said about on the risible comment of "proper democracy" the better though given there is no such thing.

I like that you use the word hatred..
Dislike is the first thing that comes to my mind.

Monarchy and Democracy are not compatible. Is like religion and science.
They can coexist but are not compatible.

Monarchy is based on the principle of unelected officials, including the Head of State. That alone is the best argument against Monarchy but not the only one. To inherit power for example is dangerous and highly undemoctratic and then you pass it to your offsprings...

To derive also this power from... God is another argument that is still ludicrous in nature.

But the greatest cause of concern is the electorate. Because of them Monarchy exists and because of them Brexit is on the way. Not to forget these basic facts.
Original post by Napp

When I say immature i don't refer obviously to myself but to the others.

I take the correct decisions as far as I am concerned.
Hooray. The BBC have backed down and LNOTP will now feature the sung versions be.
Common sense prevails.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Just my opinion
Hooray. The BBC have backed down and LNOTP will now feature the sung versions be.
Common sense prevails.

Yeah, I was going to mention that.

Given that this thread has gone massively off topic and the BBC have made a U turn I think it's best if I ask the mods to close it.
@Gothic Kitten @StrawberryDreams @04MR17 @Stiff Little Fingers can you lock this thread?
Yeah, I was going to mention that.

Given that this thread has gone massively off topic and the BBC have made a U turn I think it's best if I ask the mods to close it.
@Gothic Kitten @StrawberryDreams @04MR17 @Stiff Little Fingers can you lock this thread?

Done :yy:

Latest

Trending

Trending