The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by LauraDurrant1998
I got an offer for Essex this year but chose Portmouth

Heya glad to hear about your offers! What qualifications did you have? I’m trying to get in with just my dental nursing qualification and 3 years experience , maybe being a bit too hopeful!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Joseph P96
Heya glad to hear about your offers! What qualifications did you have? I’m trying to get in with just my dental nursing qualification and 3 years experience , maybe being a bit too hopeful!

I have dental nursing with 5 years experience, really crappy GCSEs, but I do have English and maths, no a levels but an Access to HE diploma in bio and psych + some volunteer bits! Essex don’t require any extras though I’m not sure about the others to be honest, once you get invited to interview then it’s fair game between everybody 😊 xxx
Reply 3
I've just applied to Manchester, Liverpool and UCLan for dental therapy!
Reply 4
Received an invitation to interview with Essex for Oral Health Science today
Received an invitation to interview with Essex for Oral Health Science today

Well done! When is the interview?
Reply 6
22nd December via zoom. Very nervous! Have you applied anywhere this year?
A DHT 2021 thread already exists, please post there to avoid diverging the conversation: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6685542
Reply 8
22nd December via zoom. Very nervous! Have you applied anywhere this year?

Heyyy, me too! Good luck, maybe we will be on the course together next year! What time is yours?
Reply 9
Original post by Teriann
Heyyy, me too! Good luck, maybe we will be on the course together next year! What time is yours?

Hopefully, 11:20, you?
Reply 10
Hopefully, 11:20, you?

14:20 very nervous, is Essex your first choice?
Reply 11
Original post by Teriann
14:20 very nervous, is Essex your first choice?

Yeah Essex is my first choice, only because it’s 2 years and also the structure of the way you learn sounds a lot better than other unis in my opinion, second choice is Plymouth, 3rd is Inverness and 4th is Glasgow. How about you?
Reply 12
Yeah Essex is my first choice, only because it’s 2 years and also the structure of the way you learn sounds a lot better than other unis in my opinion, second choice is Plymouth, 3rd is Inverness and 4th is Glasgow. How about you?

Yeah same Essex my first choice too and deffo. I’ve also applied for Plymouth and Inverness, not heard from them two yet
Reply 13
Original post by Teriann
Yeah same Essex my first choice too and deffo. I’ve also applied for Plymouth and Inverness, not heard from them two yet

How old are you and what qualifications/experience are you applying with?
Reply 14
How old are you and what qualifications/experience are you applying with?

I’m 21 applying with GCSE’s and dental nursing qualification with over 2 1/2 years experience. I was Restricted to where I could apply to as I hold no a levels. What about yourself?
Reply 15
Original post by Teriann
I’m 21 applying with GCSE’s and dental nursing qualification with over 2 1/2 years experience. I was Restricted to where I could apply to as I hold no a levels. What about yourself?

I’m in the same boat as you, 24 with GCSE and 3 years dental nursing experience.
Reply 16
I’m in the same boat as you, 24 with GCSE and 3 years dental nursing experience.

Wish you the best! Hopefully I’ll see you next year at Essex🙂
You can find TSR's official Dental Hygiene Therapy 2021 Applicants' thread here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6685542

Thank you :smile:

Latest