The Student Room Group

Btec business level 3

Does anyone know what happens in Btec business level3? I just started yr12 and I’m doing BTEC business but idk how it’s graded or anything? And what happens in year 12 and year 13? How many units of coursework are there per year? Thank you in advance :smile:
Original post by Thepanda13
Does anyone know what happens in Btec business level3? I just started yr12 and I’m doing BTEC business but idk how it’s graded or anything? And what happens in year 12 and year 13? How many units of coursework are there per year? Thank you in advance :smile:

I did Unit 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 & 8 before coronavirus kicked in and we got our predicted. Usually its 3 assignments per unit but some are exam based that you do in first year. If you need help check out https://www.stuvia.co.uk/bundle/45115/btec-business-level-3-unit-5-international-business-distinction-assignments
Reply 2
Original post by Nabeel16
I did Unit 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 & 8 before coronavirus kicked in and we got our predicted. Usually its 3 assignments per unit but some are exam based that you do in first year. If you need help check out https://www.stuvia.co.uk/bundle/45115/btec-business-level-3-unit-5-international-business-distinction-assignments

Thank you!! Are the units hard? Also should I start working hard in yr 13 or now?
Thank you!! Are the units hard? Also should I start working hard in yr 13 or now?

The assignments are easy however they are very time consuming! One piece of advice that I would give you is get distinctions on every assignment because they will lift your overall grade if you do bad in your exam units. The start of year 12 is fairly laid back but the stress levels will increase 100% just do not leave anything till last minute. With the exam units they're fairly straight forward, you can resit units if you are not happy with an exam result so that you can get a higher grade.
Reply 4
The assignments are easy however they are very time consuming! One piece of advice that I would give you is get distinctions on every assignment because they will lift your overall grade if you do bad in your exam units. The start of year 12 is fairly laid back but the stress levels will increase 100% just do not leave anything till last minute. With the exam units they're fairly straight forward, you can resit units if you are not happy with an exam result so that you can get a higher grade.

Thank you! So if I resit, will it show on my results or anything that I resat a unit and will that affect my applications for uni later on?
Reply 5
Thank you! So if I resit, will it show on my results or anything that I resat a unit and will that affect my applications for uni later on?

Also do you have any tips for getting distinctions?

Hmm I’m not sure that it will show on your results from what I know but I could be wrong. It won’t affect uni applications cos I managed to get in uni by resiting a unit to get a higher grade. Check out the stuvia stuff that I sent earlier that’ll help you get a distinction
Reply 7
Hmm I’m not sure that it will show on your results from what I know but I could be wrong. It won’t affect uni applications cos I managed to get in uni by resiting a unit to get a higher grade. Check out the stuvia stuff that I sent earlier that’ll help you get a distinction

Cool. Thank you! All the help really means a lot and it’s very reassuring! :smile:
Cool. Thank you! All the help really means a lot and it’s very reassuring! :smile:

Glad to help! shoot me a DM if you need anymore help
Reply 9
Glad to help! shoot me a DM if you need anymore help

Hi. Do you have Instagram or anything so I can message you. Not to be creepy, just needed help with something
Hi. Do you have Instagram or anything so I can message you. Not to be creepy, just needed help with something

yeh its @nabzyy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending