The Student Room Group

Recommended insurance companies?

Just bought a new car 63 reg ford fiesta 1.25L.
Been looking everywhere on the internet to gather more info before going with one as alot of reviews seem to negative on google and trustpilot.
Definitely seen alot of mixed opinions on blackbox so I'd rather not go near them they do seem kinda cheap but idk.
Secondly I've looked at comparison websites the cheapest ones always seem a bit dodgy too so I need some opinions tbh.
I've got a quote on 1st central for 1k atm and also hastings direct
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.hastingsdirect.com?page=2
they seem to be pretty trustworthy I guess, most of all the popular insurance companies like LV RAC etc all quotes 1.5k-2k.
Hi the quotes given by dfferent brokers/companies can vary dramatically - if you have a clean license and no history of accidents, you are likely to get very competitive quotes with good policy features with NFU Mutual OR More Than - try those two.
The premium can come down noticeably with some companies if you get through a PassPlus test - later on, when you have more experience, prepare for and do the Institute of Advanced Motorists (IAM) test [I have passed mine] - once you are an IAM member, you will get very good quotes from IAM Surety insurers who ONLY QUOTE TO IAM members.

Hope this helps!
M. (MIAM)
Reply 2
Original post by macpatgh-Sheldon
Hi the quotes given by dfferent brokers/companies can vary dramatically - if you have a clean license and no history of accidents, you are likely to get very competitive quotes with good policy features with NFU Mutual OR More Than - try those two.
The premium can come down noticeably with some companies if you get through a PassPlus test - later on, when you have more experience, prepare for and do the Institute of Advanced Motorists (IAM) test [I have passed mine] - once you are an IAM member, you will get very good quotes from IAM Surety insurers who ONLY QUOTE TO IAM members.

Hope this helps!
M. (MIAM)

ill check them now but i dont think i will do those extra courses because i need to drive tomorrow
Reply 3
Original post by RonnieRR
Just bought a new car 63 reg ford fiesta 1.25L.
Been looking everywhere on the internet to gather more info before going with one as alot of reviews seem to negative on google and trustpilot.
Definitely seen alot of mixed opinions on blackbox so I'd rather not go near them they do seem kinda cheap but idk.
Secondly I've looked at comparison websites the cheapest ones always seem a bit dodgy too so I need some opinions tbh.
I've got a quote on 1st central for 1k atm and also hastings direct
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.hastingsdirect.com?page=2
they seem to be pretty trustworthy I guess, most of all the popular insurance companies like LV RAC etc all quotes 1.5k-2k.

Black boxes are fine, as long as you don’t get one that restricts when/where you can drive (ie some insurance deals can include a late-night curfew). I had one for my first two years with Autosaint, and it was completely fine.

Go for the cheapest you can find.

Also, ask your parents.
Reply 4
Just go with what's cheapest on the comparison websites lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending