The Student Room Group

Mature student/parent occupational therapy

Hello,

I am considering going back to uni next year as a mature student (38) to do a degree in occupational therapy.

I have 3 children (8,7 & 4) and have been a stay at home mum for the last 8 years so this will be a huge change for us a family.

I am trying to decide whether I can manage to do the course full time, 3 years or if it will be too much and I would be better to do it part time. Can anyone share their experiences?

I am looking to apply to Derby but would also have to commute from Nottingham so that will add extra time to my uni days.

Has anybody studied OT at Derby, how did you find it?

Thank you for reading.
Hi, I haven't studied OT at Derby, but I have a friend who was in her 30s when she went to Derby and she really loved it. She said student support were excellent (she needed to contact them a fair amount) and she felt very well supported, and she's said she wouldn't have ended up with a first without that.

Sorry I can't offer more than that, good luck with whatever you decide to do!
That’s really good to hear, thank you!
Original post by username5410792
Hello,

I am considering going back to uni next year as a mature student (38) to do a degree in occupational therapy.

I have 3 children (8,7 & 4) and have been a stay at home mum for the last 8 years so this will be a huge change for us a family.

I am trying to decide whether I can manage to do the course full time, 3 years or if it will be too much and I would be better to do it part time. Can anyone share their experiences?

I am looking to apply to Derby but would also have to commute from Nottingham so that will add extra time to my uni days.

Has anybody studied OT at Derby, how did you find it?

Thank you for reading.

Hi Did you decided to go for it in the end? How are you finding the course? I'm nervous about going back to university as a mature student.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending